Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Proud of the Boys!

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Well done the boys, i'm very very proud of you. 2 wins in a few days how life looks rosier right now...Thats a big effort put in by all and Big Chris Iwelumo...Take a bow son!

Comments

• Options
    and now the joy is getting tinged with the fact i wasn't there. Couldn't go because the Southend fan I cover with had got in there first so he could go up to Forest.

They got stuffed 4-1, and he left early. If only we could turn the clocks back !!!
  • Options
    feel bad i did not get myself down there,telly or 520 kickoff no excuse i will be there for preston.they deserve it,turned it all round,they need at least 1000 of us there.
  • Options
    saving myself for Cardiff on Tues 4th Dec
  • Options
    well said nolly, 643 went tonight but the team deserves more support but well done to those that went
  • Options
    that aint to bad really mate,but we must all get to preston if we can,think 1000 would be possible
  • Options
    22.20 and i've seen the goal about 6 times on SSN.

Every time Reid does better and better !!
  • Options
    I hope they're still reeling the goals off on SSN in the morning when I get in.
  • Options
    They've shown real character to bounce back from 3 defeats including 2 at home.

If we can't get behind them on Saturday then there is something badly wrong.
  • Options
    Just got back home to Norwich - Just the eight hour round trip!! Fcuking knackered but it was worth it. I missed Southampton and I can't believe that we did it again.

For the record we completely bossed the first half. I can't remember a save Weaver had yet we had several chances and should have gone in a least one goal to the good. If the BBC say it was 50/50 first half that is a total joke. We were bloody brilliant in possession. A bloke near me (who was a Bristol Fan) reckoned we had 80%. Perhaps that was slightly exaggerated. I would say 65/35. Don't get me wrong, they were no mugs and played some neat football on occasions but we were just superior in all aspects

They tightened things up second half and played with more energy and we had to soak up some pressure but we looked solid defensively. We kept them at bay and kept going for the win. The cross which led to the goal was brilliant and Big Chris met it perfectly. Fantastic ending and they had no time to regroup.

As for the players they all did well. I was impressed by both Basey and Racon. The defence was so solid with Sodje the player we have needed this season. Great in the air and decisive. Fortune looks a far better player alongside him. Weaver wasn't tested much but looked assured and Danny Mills - I just love the bloke. He gives nothing but 100% every game and what a wind up merchant - brilliant.

Reid was excellent - tired a bit in the second half but still drove forward especially for the goal. ZZ put in great work. Thomas worked his socks off - still lacks an end product but couldn't be accused of hiding. Lloyd Sam was Ok - I assume he was substituted for tactical reasons. Varney put in plenty of effort but just seemed to lack the killer touch. Big Chris was his normal tireless self. Fcuk me did he meet the header for the goal well. Ambrose fresh legs gave us some energy at the right time.

All in all a brilliant win against difficult opponents who had plenty of confidence and stretched us in the second half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]22.20 and i've seen the goal about 6 times on SSN.

Every time Reid does better and better !!

and they don't show how he received a poor ball from Forch, had to turn away from a man marking him before going on to beat two others before crossing.

Also, agree with everything BingAddick said. I was critical of him before but I think that the last two games have been the best ZZ has played for us. Tonight he was everywhere and deserved a goal. Racon had a good full debut and Basey impressed again. Why it took so long to get Sodje into the team heavens knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]feel bad i did not get myself down there,telly or 520 kickoff no excuse i will be there for preston.they deserve it,turned it all round,they need at least 1000 of us there.

you know what I must admit that even though it's on TV I might well make the effort myself . As you say nolly they deserve our support.

Myself and rothko were discussing before the southampton game how we needed to get a hard fought unexpected win then go on a run which is what birmingham did last season.

According to sky last night though watford were once again a class above the oppo and strolled to victory at Norwich but then as west brom and leicester have proved they are beatable
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Good summing up by Bing. I thought we could and should have won by three as we really did dominate the first half. They only had a period of twenty minutes or so from about 70 mins to 90 when they had more possession but they still really didnt trouble us. Thought ZZ and Racon were outstanding. Reid, iwelumo, Sodje and Fortune were up there with them. Only disappointent was Lloyd Sam who is either injured or fulfilling my expectations of his ability. Either way another great win and looking forward to Saturday.
  • Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I am still undecided on ZZ - he put in a lot of effort as usual but didn't really offer enough for me. An improvement on Ambrose but I must say he was nothing special last night.

Jerome was excellent (until the final ball) - he was aggressive, offensive and very skilful (his full back was crapping himself every time JT got the ball)

We totally deserved to win and, but for Basso in their goal, would have won by a much larger margin