Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

time to get off Iwelumo's back

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
all you fukers out there constantly slagging him - he on 6 goals now for the season a perfectly respectable total.

Not many got more than him - beattie the exception but he cost £4m - time to get behind him.

Yeah he's not the most gifted but he bloody damn well works hard. We had Hasselwank last season a so called big name who put in less work in a season than Big Chris does in a game.

Och Aye Big Chris ya the man so you are

Comments

• Options
    to be honest, i wasn't really aware of anyone properly on his back ?

I like him, regardless of the last couple of goals he works hard for the team. The goals at the moment are a bonus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]to be honest, i wasn't really aware of anyone properly on his back ?

I like him, regardless of the last couple of goals he works hard for the team. The goals at the moment are a bonus

In the stands, not so much on here. I'm looking forward to seeing the old git behind me who spent the QPR match slagging him off.
  • Options
    I been blowing Big Chris' trumpet all season!!!! No cheeky comments required you filthy fcukers! Absolute Hero!
  • Options
    yeah i don't mean on here - more in the stands as the Inspector said.

We've had a couple on here , you know who you are, which is fair enough not everyone can like him but the bloody Valley crowd bettershut the hell up.
  • Options
    If he starts on saturday let's give him our support and his confidence will produce the form we expect from him.

Well done Chris, you've had you're doubters but i have faith in you and Varney.
  • Options
    He is a proper player in this division as I have said before,teams find it hard to handle him.
  • Options
    He's had a couple of duff games but what do people expect from a free transfer from Colchester?

If he got injured we'd soon notice the difference.
  • Options
    If he got injured we would be well and truly fecked.
  • Options
    There has been people on here slating him. Saying he's not good enough full stop, doesn't win any headers for a big man, can't finish etc.

They are probably a bit embarrased at the moment though and are keeping their swedes down.

Always stuck by the man and think he is key to our success in this league.
  • Options
    Apparently he is injured at the moment, but playing through it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The amount of whacks he takes in a game I'm hardly shocked he has picked up one or two niggles!!
  • Options
    I hold my hands up and admit I've not been his biggest fan, I just feel we become a bit to predictable sometimes smashing long balls to him that he doesn't win (admitedly I am referring to the QPR game when he had a shocker) but I'm pleased to be proved wrong!.

He'll get nothing but a cheer from me on saturday !
  • Options
    Pardew said after the game that Iwelumo is carrying so many injuries that it's ridiculous at the moment. Says it all about the man, playing through the pain to play for us, that's what we need!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]to be honest, i wasn't really aware of anyone properly on his back ?

I like him, regardless of the last couple of goals he works hard for the team. The goals at the moment are a bonus[/quote]

There were enough on here and some other boards. Humble pie for lunch anyone?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11836
  • Options
    Never on his back think he is doing Ok for us and can only get better the more the team gel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]to be honest, i wasn't really aware of anyone properly on his back ?

There were enough on here and some other boards. Humble pie for lunch anyone?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11836

Did some people really want Marcus Bent back!!!!
  • Options
    I watched the QPR game and he was piss poor, but so were most of the team. The thing I dont like is that when he plays with a partner up front the team just lump it high for him to flick on much prefer if we played though the midfield. His game would suit this style.
  • Options
    Salad and Fazza - care to comment LOL
  • Options
    Well found Henry. I stand by my opinions and quite rightly so!
  • Options
    he missed sitters against both Plymouth and QPR which cost us but has more than evened things up with the two headers so fair play to the big man

I don't think anyone was questioning his effort and work-rate, more whether his finishing and touch were good enough for the top six of this division

after the last four days he has gone a long way to answering that - let's hope we can get some more decent crosses in on Saturday rather than long aimless punts...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Well found Henry. I stand by my opinions and quite rightly so!

Vindicated is the word I think : - )
  • Options
    makes me wonder why pardew brought on the ineffectual mcClown(he touched the ball once whilst it was in play) for the last 24 minutes against QPR when big chris finds it easier to score in the last minute!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Well found Henry. I stand by my opinions and quite rightly so!

Vindicated is the word I think : - )

I'll remember that I was scratching my head trying to think of the correct word. I was going to say 'righted' in my opinions but that would have been really stoopid!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]makes me wonder why pardew brought on the ineffectual mcClown(he touched the ball once whilst it was in play) for the last 24 minutes against QPR when big chris finds it easier to score in the last minute!

Possibly because of the impact he made in the Norwich game when he won us 2 pens!!

ffs, he didn't even play and you're having a dig at him!!
  • Options
    Mcleod still has to prove himself at this level IMHO but he's had little opportunity yet. Number of touches in a game has to be as much about the team play as he own ability.

After the sudden revisionism of Big Chris from "big lump" to "hard working goal scoring hero" I would have thought we could all give the players, including Izele, a chance to show what they can do and not just write them off after a couple of sub appearences.
  • Options
    McCleod did have a full 90 (120 even??) at Luton who are a league below us

He had three one-on-ones with their keeper and I don't think he forced a save once - one of them did trouble the corner flag though...
  • Options
    It makes me wonder if Darren Bent hadn't of scored on his league debut after we signed him and then had a coupe of barren games how long would you lot have given him? Different scenarios I'm sure you agree but very similar in the respect that they both had (for us) big price tags on their heads while being unproven at the level we are/were playing at
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]McCleod did have a full 90 (120 even??) at Luton who are a league below us

He had three one-on-ones with their keeper and I don't think he forced a save once - one of them did trouble the corner flag though...

As I said he's got to prove himself at this level. I think he just needs one to go in and things will change but I may be wrong.

"All we are saying is give us a goal"
  • Options
    strikers more than anyone else are about confidence. If our own fans are helping to dent our own strikers confidence, who wins from that situation ?

Not us, not the player, only the opposition. And i don't really see why we should give the opposition additional help.
  • Options
    Well said AKFA