Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benfica player tackle

anyone seen it on the Celtic player - worst tackle I have seen in a long time. How that lad never got a broken leg I'll never know.

Comments

• Options
    Was a bad tackle.
  • Options
    worst one i've seen since that one Souness did for Rangers
  • Options
    what souness tackle......there was a few!
  • Options
    Awful - at least the ref got it right and sent him off. Scott Brown must be mighty relieved not to have a broken leg - he was one of the players we were linked with last Jan when he was still at Hibs - if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    worse than the Roy Keane one on Alfie Haaland
  • Options
    Worst I have ever seen full stop,absolutely disgusting.
  • Options
    Terrible it did remind me of Sourness, especially the one for Rangers against hibbs. Also of the tackle by Essien a few seasons ago, turn the back and lunge, coward
  • Options
    This is why there should be an overhaul of the discipline system. We should have much less punishment for minor offences but tackles like this deserve much more than a three game ban. It was outrageous.
  • Options
    heard from a few it was really bad no bloody youtube at work arrrrrrrhh
    So much to watch everynight when i get home
  • Options
    Scott Brown was laughing about in the interview.

We should have signed him, grumble grumble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brown is lucky he is still able to stand. If someone had tried to do that or done that to me when I was still playing I would have knocked their teeth down their throat immediately. The worst sort of tackle that is, all the weight of the lunging player coward coming onto a standing leg supprting all the victims weight.

I have been involved in a tackle that broke someones leg and it was a lot less than that and the ball was won. I don't think I would have been chuckling if I was Scott Brown.

And yes that sort of thing should carry at least a 5 game ban.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Brown is lucky he is still able to stand. If someone had tried to do that or done that to me when I was still playing I would have knocked their teeth down their throat immediately. The worst sort of tackle that is, all the weight of the lunging[strike]player[/strike]coward coming onto a standing leg supprting all the victims weight.

I have been involved in a tackle that broke someones leg and it was a lot less than that and the ball was won. I don't think I would have been chuckling if I was Scott Brown.

Hmmmm, seem to remember someone aiming a similar tackle at me during the CHARITY match.

Pot, kettle, black Dicko... ;-)
  • Options
    My feet were on the floor!!

Must have been West side ;-)
  • Options
    how the guys leg didn't just snap in two i dont know!

Nasty
  • Options
    OUCH! :(
  • Options
    Muscat must be on Benficas coaching staff.
  • Options
    Benfica player been banned for 6 games - Well done UEFA
  • Options
    Agree...what an animal
  • Options
    oooh that's nasty!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats disgusting
  • Options
    Double Ouch! :(
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It looks tame compared to when George Curtis of Coventry City had Matt Tees in the old stand on the halfway line.
  • Options
    It's not so much the tackle, more the way the guy in blue's leg bends afterwards
  • Options
    about time we got rid of this sort of play acting in the game
  • Options
    "The bloke in blue" is Marcin Wasilewski, a Polish International defender who was playing at the back for Anderlecht. His lower leg has been shattered in a number of places and his career is in serious doubt. Take a look on the Anderlecht web-site.....you can leave him a message of support on there if you wish.
  • Options
    The Standard Liege player, Alex Witsel has been banned for 11 matches by the Belgian FA, thats until November 23rd after recieving the straight red card, the polish bloke faces 13 months on the sideline and further surgery.
  • Options
    I think that was a genuine attempt to get the ball, just a bit late, yellow at most imo
  • Options
    Really Nathan? I trust you are joking?
  • Options
    At the end of the day it was not that late and certainly wasn't vicious its just bad luck that he was just that bit late. If you look at his foot he is certainly going for the ball. But anyway he deserved the ban although 11 games is a bit extreme IMO.