Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Phillips stretchered off for WBA

According to the Independent online report Phillips was stretchered off four minutes after putting them ahead with yet another goal.

Nobody likes to see players get injured but if he is out for a couple of months then the WBA promotion push will be in big trouble, he is immense for them like Dazza was for us.

Incidentally, who else reckons that Coventry are going to lose Mifsud in the transfer window? There is no way that they will be able to turn down a 5 million bid from a Prem club seeing as they are tens of millions in debt.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]According to the Independent online report Phillips was stretchered off four minutes after putting them ahead with yet another goal.

Nobody likes to see players get injured but if he is out for a couple of months then the WBA promotion push will be in big trouble, he is immense for them like Dazza was for us.

Incidentally, who else reckons that Coventry are going to lose Mifsud in the transfer window? There is no way that they will be able to turn down a 5 million bid from a Prem club seeing as they are tens of millions in debt.

It's harsh but that's good news for us to be honest. I don't feel bad about it as I'm sure WBA fans would be pleased if reid was injured for us.

Mifsud would be off IF they get a decent offer.
  • Options
    I just saw in the paper that Phillips has scored a staggering 32 goals in 50 games for WBA.

With that sort of strike rate he is nailed on to score another 20 goals if he plays in their remaining 30 games so they are basically losing a huge influence if he is out for any length of time.

Goalscorers are just so crucial and I have little doubt that we would be top if we had kept Dazza (imagine him feeding off Reid's passing and Iwelumo's knock-downs in this division) but I understand that we had no choice but to sell him.

I am pretty sure we are going to bring in either Rasiak from Saints or Earnshaw from Derby in the January window.
  • Options
    perhaps we can do a swap deal?

Mifsud for Amady Faye - after all it was Dowie that brought in the useless great lump , he should now do the decent thing & swap hiw for the Maltese striker

in fact just swap him for a family size bag of Maltesers
  • Options
    The way things are going we will end up with Faye back at The Valley before Christmas, he has played twice for Rangers and been subbed both times.

Depends how desperate Coventry are for cash but if we felt the need was great enough then they might be tempted with as little as 3 million for Mifsud seeing as how they need the cash.

In their situation the bank manager wants his money back ASAP and would probably not allow them to turn down any bids for their few saleable assets, so it could be worth a go. He looks like a really decent player to me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The way things are going we will end up with Faye back at The Valley before Christmas, he has played twice for Rangers and been subbed both times.

Depends how desperate Coventry are for cash but if we felt the need was great enough then they might be tempted with as little as 3 million for Mifsud seeing as how they need the cash.

In their situation the bank manager wants his money back ASAP and would probably not allow them to turn down any bids for their few saleable assets, so it could be worth a go. He looks like a really decent player to me.

According to the OS Faye is at Rangers for the season.

Regarding Mifsud, if he keeps scoring goals he'll be off, despite two wins on the bounce we are hardly scoring loads of goals - I think that's three goals in the last five games and that isn't good enough for a team that's meant to ne challenging for promotion. With Todorov out we need to bring a striker in, and why not someone who has proven goalscoring ability at this level?
  • Options
    Agreed, we clearly need to add a genuine goalscorer to the mix to play off big Chris and I prefer Mifsud to Earnshaw because he looks like he has more of an all-round game.

Come January the only big spenders are going to be Watford and Sheffield United (both of whom have lots of striking options) and us so we will be able to take our pick between Earnshaw, Mifsud and any other striker who is not quite Prem class but can bang in some serious CCC goals.

I know its harsh but we need to prey on Coventry in the same way that Newcastle preyed on us back in 1992 when they stole Robert Lee for only 700,000.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    i think we should really go after earnie in jan he would be ideal partner for big chris and would help with the final push