Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A plea to the Valley crowd on Saturday

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Support the team for once! Cause we can't have a situation where the team feel more comfy playing away from home

Comments

• Options
    Has it really got that bad down there? Glory hunters and miserable old gits aside, I was under the impression the majority are still extremely supportive of what Pards and the players are trying to do.
  • Options
    Here here.

I think it will be a cracking atmosphere, 3pm Saturday, two good away wins, England v Wales.

And we can give Piggybank a load of abuse as well.
  • Options
    I would trust Pards everyday of the year. Great manager
  • Options
    For all of those that expect a two way street (I won't supprt until the team wins attitude) the side have done their bit now and it's time for us to get behind them not on top of them at home (smutty comments optional).

England v Wales indeed, a few songs can be aired here 'Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy' can make a welcome return along with the England stuff and 'Big Chris in the last minute' as a salute to our talisman.

Anyone not interested in supporting the team can cock off in my honest opinion
  • Options
    But big Chris is Scottish : - )
  • Options
    Lets get behind the team and if they not doing well get behind them more show them we are there

As for the miserable gits

Stay at home go shopping with the Mrs PLEASE
  • Options
    yes i agree that the fans need to get behind the team but dont agree the form away is better than at home because of the Valley crowd!

the players available suit playing away and hitting teams on the break. At home the team has up to now lacked a cutting edge at home, possubly because of the strikers but also in my view because the midfield are not creating too much
  • Options
    TBh its crazy that threads like this have to be started in the first place.

AS it should be a natural thing to get behind your team

Come on RED ARMY
  • Options
    I have never grasped what inspires someone to boo our own and I doubt I ever will.

But little Sis has come up with a plan.

There's a guy in front of us who sits passively with arms folded while the team are doing well. No cheers, no singing, no clapping, nothing. But when we have a stinker, a la QPR, he's up standing berrating all and sundry and booing with so much gusto it must hurt his spleen!!

So next time he's at it, Sis say's she is going right up to him and boo in his face. When he questions her, she will tell him that as he boos the team for underperforming, she feels that he is underperforming as a fan and so deserves the same treatment.

Am I wrong in hoping that at some point we have a mare so I can just see it happen? :-)

Alternatively perhaps we should all go up to these 'fans' who boo and clap them in a sort of ironic manner, that way it might drown out the boos instead of adding to them?
  • Options
    Rothko is spot on.

Let's have it - everyone get down the pub for 11 get pissed as farts - oil up the ole lungs and lets show those welsh sheep shaggers we can sing a song a sixpence as well down in the Valley and not the valley's.

Der der der clap clap der der der clap your father is - ok we won't go there

TO THE BEST FUSSBALL FANS IN THE WORLD LET BE AVING YOU COME ON WHERE ARE YOU --- Oops that's delia innit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]IAlternatively perhaps we should all go up to these 'fans' who boo and clap them in a sort of ironic manner, that way it might drown out the boos instead of adding to them?

To a degree me and Ketman already do something similar
  • Options
    I guess expectations are always going to bit higher at home - especially against sides from the bottom third such as Plymouth, QPR and Cardiff as opposed to away to the likes of Soton and Bristol City where 0-0 is seen as a good result with 90 minutes on the clock and any last minute winners are a fabulous bonus.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]I guess expectations are always going to bit higher at home - especially against sides from the bottom third such as Plymouth, QPR and Cardiff as opposed to away to the likes of Soton and Bristol City where 0-0 is seen as a good result with 90 minutes on the clock and any last minute winners are a fabulous bonus.[/quote]

plymouth were 2 places below us
  • Options
    The players and Pardew have shown real character in winning two difficult away games.

The Spurs and West Ham element of our support need to stop moaning and let our players gain the confidence to express themselves.

If they can do that then we will all go home happy from The Valley more often than not.

If we are not 100% behind the boys on Saturday against Cardiff then frankly we don't deserve a promotion chasing side.
  • Options
    I just hope the two old gits behind me don't start again on Saturday.....they were relentless in slagging the players off and it is really something that gets on my nerves. I soooo nearly had a word with them last time, but had the missus with me.I was as frustrated by the way we played against QPR as anyone else who supports the team, but I tend to keep it buttoned up at the ground and just let it out in discussion after the game...and it wasnt as if it was the end of the world in any case...early days with a brand new team. Cant wait for Saturday!
  • Options
    ha ha was in in North Upper N Block