Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky Sent off and argy-bargy on the pitch?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
SSN was reporting that Parky was sent from the dug out for kicking the ball away when it went into our dug out and some reports mention a couple of flare ups.

What happened? Any more detail?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    If you had gone as the supporters director you would have seen it.
  • Options
    ha ha

Anyone see anything?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]If you had gone as the supporters director you would have seen it.

Not sure what me being supporters' director has got to do with it but thanks for the informative message.
  • Options
    They mentioned the Parky incident on the radio commentary. Pretty sure it was after the goal, ball went into our dug out area, Parky just booted it away to stop City taking a quick throw-in....
  • Options
    Pardew had done it twice just before.

Just sounded heat of the moment spoiling / time wasting tactic, and i've no problem with that whatsoever !
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pardew kicked the ball away twice as it came toward the dugout but with a hint of subtlety. The next time it landed at Parkinsons feet he hoofed it and got sent to the stands which was about three yards behind him. It was just before or after we scored. The dust up was again handbags but Mills as ever managed to rile about 4 of them. Only one of their guys was booked.
  • Options
    has there been a game yet when Mills hasn't riled about 4 of the opposition ???
  • Options
    Cheers Guys.
  • Options
    Every team we play in this division appears to want to get in our faces I do wonder if that is a spoiling tactic of ours to get the opposition's mind off their game or whether it is the 'let's have a go at them big charlies from the premiership' approach from the opposition, Millsy is so good at getting them to so far without finally overstepping the line. He did it last night with McIndoe and you can see that he is 'in control' a smile on his face backed up with one or two fair but less than subtle tackles. What we are getting is passion, from the fans, players and those on the touchline a will to win which has returned after three painful losses... team spirit I think they call it
  • Options
    According the BCFC rivals site we were dirty cheating divers who didn't deserve to win or go up.

Shame : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]According the BCFC rivals site we were dirty cheating divers who didn't deserve to win or go up.
    Not bitter then :-)
  • Options
    I overheard a couple of guys last night saying "Well I don't want to go into' t'Premier League if that's what it's loike - I wonder how much they paid the referee for that performance"

I admit there were a couple of times when we tackled and the ref played on where I expected a foul to be called but then it cut both ways (ZZ in particular got mashed a few times)
  • Options
    Funny isn't it; all these "big time Charlies" accusations? In reality, most of those are well and truly gone, but in the eyes of teams that haven't seen us for several seasons, that's how they see us; big boys there to be shot at, hence the big followings at The Valley, and moderate players raising their game for the occasion.

It's great that they're beginning to find out that most of our players are nothing of the sort, and are prepared to scrap it out with the best of them, but perhaps they need to see the same from us as a crowd. How often have we gone away as underdogs to the big arena and spotted after 20 mins that the home glory boys are already subdued, having complacently expected just to turn up and to win, growing impatient and frustrated to the point where they become a negative factor (eg. Anfield more than once).

Let's ADD to the sense of visiting the big boys. As much as the big day out can lift performances, it can also leave some beaten after 10 mins, blaming the ref for decisions given to the "big boys". Sustained pressure with vociferous backing will invariably lead to more favourable decisions, and obviously lift our own players in the process. Let them go home pointless, moaning about dubious decisions swayed bybthe crowd - it's happened often enough to us!
  • Options
    Well if we did get the benefit of a few decisions it is only going some way to redressing the balance from the Plymouth, QPR and Hull games where we were on the wrong end of some questionable decisions.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Every team we play in this division appears to want to get in our faces I do wonder if that is a spoiling tactic of ours to get the opposition's mind off their game or whether it is the 'let's have a go at them big charlies from the premiership' approach from the opposition, Millsy is so good at getting them to so far without finally overstepping the line. He did it last night with McIndoe and you can see that he is 'in control' a smile on his face backed up with one or two fair but less than subtle tackles. What we are getting is passion, from the fans, players and those on the touchline a will to win which has returned after three painful losses... team spirit I think they call it

Whilst at Cov away, I got into the home dressing room after the game and picked up one of Dowie's famous pre match sheets. He talked about making it an Athletic war. I will look to see if I still have it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Funny isn't it; all these "big time Charlies" accusations? In reality, most of those are well and truly gone, but in the eyes of teams that haven't seen us for several seasons, that's how they see us; big boys there to be shot at, hence the big followings at The Valley, and moderate players raising their game for the occasion.

It's great that they're beginning to find out that most of our players are nothing of the sort, and are prepared to scrap it out with the best of them, but perhaps they need to see the same from us as a crowd. How often have we gone away as underdogs to the big arena and spotted after 20 mins that the home glory boys are already subdued, having complacently expected just to turn up and to win, growing impatient and frustrated to the point where they become a negative factor (eg. Anfield more than once).

Let's ADD to the sense of visiting the big boys. As much as the big day out can lift performances, it can also leave some beaten after 10 mins, blaming the ref for decisions given to the "big boys". Sustained pressure with vociferous backing will invariably lead to more favourable decisions, and obviously lift our own players in the process. Let them go home pointless, moaning about dubious decisions swayed bybthe crowd - it's happened often enough to us!

I want to shake this man's hand & buy him a Guinness...............what a top top post. Spot on Paddy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]

Whilst at Cov away, I got into the home dressing room after the game and picked up one of Dowie's famous pre match sheets. He talked about making it an Athletic war. I will look to see if I still have it.

I would be absolutely fascinated to see that
  • Options
    top post paddy.

we NEED to get behind the lads at the valley. Too much pressure from our own fans is affecting them.
    The VFR's being sung "on loop" and constant support won us the last 2 away games... Not groans and disaffection from the crowd.
  • Options
    The incident with Parky was just after we'd scored. Perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned.

As regards Mills, he has to be the best wind up merchant I've ever seen. He winds the opposition up, he winds the fans up. I think it's his way of staying focussed/in the moment.

As regards opponents getting after us; what do we expect? We may not be full of big-time charlies but we have a strong squad full of very skillful players at this level and for opponents to succeed against us they need to be resolute, very well organised and robust. They need to counter what we have and that means you are going to get physical stuff and confrontations. To succeed, we have to have match the physical stuff and what is better now than at the beginning of the season is our willingness and ability to do this. We been mugged a few times so far but I think the penny is beginning to drop.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the FA to deduct us points about our displinary record players and coaching staff a like. Due to reg upsetting the fa with court cases and all that egged on by bigger premiership clubs that happened last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went on tuesday eve and listened to BBC radio Bristol post match to see what the City fans had to say, and to a man (and woman) they all gave full credit to our performance saying we were the hardest working side to come down to Ashton gate all season and just about deserved the result.