Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night's away following

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
looked quite good on sky news!

Does anyone know how many we had up there?

Comments

• Options
    i just phoned the ticket office they said 1,867
  • Options
    about 700 apparently
  • Options
    It doesn't matter - the important thing is the Balance of Trade.

How many will Bristol City bring to our place? Let's consider the equation.....

(Our turn out at their place) - (Their turn out at our place) = Balance of Trade.

If it's positive then we're all the best set of fans in the land and deserve an award from the football league but..............

If it's negative we're a bunch of Premiership wannabe glory boys with only a couple of thousand loyal fans and if we spend another season in the Championship then our home crowd will be 1,534 and even Millwall will laugh at us.
  • Options
    I'd imagine if they're still doing well Bristol would sell out at our place. They took 4k to Coventry a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    yeah,loads of bristol city live in london now.
  • Options
    643 were in the away end! hope that helps ;o)
  • Options
    i heard 648 or 684 thats was from a mate who was listening to it on the net somewwere
  • Options
    500 more than we would normally take for a midweek away game !
  • Options
    236 according to Palace - LOL

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161338&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=42
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Let's say around 650, but only say 50 of em actually wanted to join in with the singing.

Travel all that way and they just sat their moaning (oh until we scored of course)

Vince, me and few others sang VFR on loop for what must have been 30-40mins.

Needless to say when we scored we went fcuking mental!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    643 according to BBC Radio Kent commentator, although he then said that a lot more fans appeared for the second half and it must have been due to roadworks......maybe he had been sniffing something at halftime!
  • Options
    oh dear on that Palarse link it says "we hate Charlton" lol and there's me thinking they didn't care about us!

According to the doris on the radio 643 were in the away end last night.
  • Options
    how many did the scum take to cardiff, it must be a figure to be proud of... palace ultras... over 1,000 at ninian park last night was it? a number worth taking the piss for? you'd hope they'd care more about their support than ours. i mean after all we are engineering a rivalry here aren't we lads?
  • Options
    According to BCFC 677 fans were let thro' the away turnstiles
  • Options
    I was one of the "pay on the door" types
  • Options
    me and my old man paid on the door, and joined in with the singing! For the 50 of us singing, we made a good noise according to a mate in the opposite city end.
  • Options
    Hello people 1st post..... Was at Bristol Tuesday night & looked as though we had more than 600 odd there to me. Some good vocal support at times too. Valley Floyd Road on loop was just annoying though I'm afraid. Was well worth the 3 hour drive went balistic when we scored!
  • Options
    welcome to the site Jaybinho.
  • Options
    VFR on loop is better then silence I'm afraid......

well done those who kept it up.
  • Options
    VFR on loop annoying!?

I'll tell you what's annoying, 600 fan's travelling all that way and then only 50 or so of them bothering to open up their mouth's to support the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed with bexleyheath Why go all that way and not even sing.
  • Options
    20 odd thousand turn up to games at the Valley every now and then don't bother....!?!
  • Options
    Don't like this argument to be honest.

i like to sing (even though i sat in the West for 12/13 odd years!) but you cannot say someone who sings is anymore or any less of a supporter than those who still mkae the effort to travel to the games.

The only reason i would criticise the non-singers is if they were moaners when things went bad but didnt sing when things were going well.