Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Minute Winners

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Thats been the week so far.We had Hughes against Villa and El Kak against Blackburn last season but I'm struggling to recall many more last gasp winning goals by us.

My personal favourite was Lisbie at the Bridge a few years back.

I'm sure theres loads more. ????

Comments

• Options
    Claus against Blackburn. The JJ last minute equaliser against W Ham was pretty good, though not sure if it was last minute.
  • Options
    Forgot Dennis at Palace......doh.....
  • Options
    Danny Mills at Villa was last minute wasn't it.
  • Options
    Bothroyd against Leyton Orient!
  • Options
    yep, plus plenty more as well I think.McCarthy against Stockport this season also !.....Fergie time should now be Pardy Time.
  • Options
    Hull away this year. BC goal was in injury time plus we've let in a few ourselves this year late on. Hull, Barnsley, Cov
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Leeds 1 CAFC 2, 1 Dec 2002

"Scott Parker scored a wonder goal to hand Charlton an astonishing win at Leeds and pile the pressure on Terry Venables.

Parker ran through the Leeds defence in injury time and prodded the ball past Paul Robinson to hand the Addicks their third win in a row."

I wasn't there but I remember it well. I was on the way to chislehurst caves to pick my boy up from a party, when Lisbie scored the equaliser I was on the roundabout near Queen Mary's and I nearly crashed the car I went so mad. I sat outside the place listening while everyone went in to pick their kids up, when Scotties goal went in I just switched radio off and strolled in. Magic

And check that Leeds team out!

Quality
  • Options
    not a winner, but leaburns equaliser at blackburn (2-2 early 90's) convinced me and a few other posters to go back to the pre-match pub after the game. had 'a couple' more with the locals knowledge of the train times supposedly in our favour.
    ended up having to get a train to manchester to catch the next train to london, which happened to leave at about 1 am.
    got trolleyed in manc, tried to sleep it off on the way back (near on impossible), train took an eternity to get to london though i think we went through stoke 3 times.
    next day, double header at football then back on the lash again.

proper weekend FACT!
  • Options
    talking of Leaburn equalisers what about his late late goal to make it 4 all against norwich at home, after we had played most of the match with ten men and had been 4-2 down five minutes to go. Steve Jones played his second game for us and had started up front with jason Lee, whilst Big Carl came off the bench.

Funny going made in a half empty north stand as nearly everyone else had long gone
  • Options
    Lisbie at Chelsea was a great one.
    And didn't we win a lateish goal there the year before?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ overhead against Wham

Pringle against Barcodes

Jenson against Blackburn

Best of the lot Mills against Villa

(ok, may not have technically won us the games but sure as hell felt like it at the time)
  • Options
    Pringle (i think) away at Derby
  • Options
    The Jensen against Blackburn has to be the best. Friedel had come up (for a corner I think) and scored the equaliser. The euphoria for him must of been immense... until his next action of the game - picking the ball out of the net after Claus had lobbed him.
  • Options
    Killer's third goal to beat Fulham at home 3-2 , about 75, 76?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Leeds 1 CAFC 2, 1 Dec 2002

"Scott Parker scored a wonder goal to hand Charlton an astonishing win at Leeds and pile the pressure on Terry Venables.

Parker ran through the Leeds defence in injury time and prodded the ball past Paul Robinson to hand the Addicks their third win in a row."

I wasn't there but I remember it well. I was on the way to chislehurst caves to pick my boy up from a party, when Lisbie scored the equaliser I was on the roundabout near Queen Mary's and I nearly crashed the car I went so mad. I sat outside the place listening while everyone went in to pick their kids up, when Scotties goal went in I just switched radio off and strolled in. Magic

And check that Leeds team out!

Quality

I seem to recall reading an interview with Curbishley after the game. He was saying that when Parker picked up the ball, he was shouting at him to go to the corner....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]not a winner, but leaburns equaliser at blackburn (2-2 early 90's) convinced me and a few other posters to go back to the pre-match pub after the game.
    next day, double header at football then back on the lash again.

proper weekend FACT!

that was real hard work didn't make it back out on the lash after the double header....but as for that milk train home from manchester...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • Options
    I seem to recall reading an interview with Curbishley after the game. He was saying that when Parker picked up the ball, he was shouting at him to go to the corner....

Yep, I remember that too

And glad to see Claus v Blackburn get so much of a mention. I WAS there and it WAS a legendary moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Pringle (i think) away at Derby

ran 2/3rds the lenght of the pitch and then collapsed at the relief that it went in

Was that his first goal for us?????
  • Options
    Martin Pringle vs Newcastle at home, 1998/9 when we scored two goals in the last minute or so, Bright got the other, and we had one that crossed the line and wasn't given.
  • Options
    Shaun Newton's header from the touchline (well, almost) against Huddersfield in a night game. That was pretty close to the last minute, if I remember rightly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Shaun Newton's header from the touchline (well, almost) against Huddersfield in a night game. That was pretty close to the last minute, if I remember rightly.

Newton didn't do tap in's did he?

That goal was just madness...
  • Options
    Not quite last minute but we were dead and buried vs Leeds in extra time of the play-offs before Peter shirtliffe popped up...

TWICE!
  • Options
    Not technically a winner, but a moral victory nonetheless

Steve Jones in the last minute against Man City at Maine Road 1997/98 - the equaliser after we were 2 down with 10 minutes to go, with Steve Brown in goal.

What a night that was!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Shaun Newton's header from the touchline (well, almost) against Huddersfield in a night game. That was pretty close to the last minute, if I remember rightly.

We should have won that about twenty nil too, a header from outside the box and Francis I think the keeprs name was. Me and my old man were in the covered end just behind a couple of 'special' fans and when that went in the celebrations from the guys in front were worth the entrance fee.