Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo or Racon?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Just wondered what people's thoughts were about this selection on saturday. The 'don't change a winning team mentality' suggests Racon should keep his place but i think that would be harsh on Semedo who's performed well so far. But if we play 5 in midfield again maybe Racon gives us a bit more going forward as we're at home. Or could they both play in same side? but then who would you drop?

Comments

• Options
    semedo comes in for me
  • Options
    Semedo for me also
  • Options
    From what I've seen of him, Racon seems to have a bit more to his game than Semedo.

Racon has earned his chance and did alright by all accounts, so from that point I'd keep him in. Don't think that Pards will though and I expect Semedo to come back in.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2007
    How about we give ZZ a rest and Play Racon and Yosemedo Sam?

Played a lot of games and is probably deserving of one to see what Racon can do or is he too important to our commerical business?
  • Options
    Racon has had to wait a long time for his chance, I would be minded to give him another game first.
  • Options
    No choice. Semedo every time.

Now Racon for Sam with Thomas on the right and Reid on the left maybe a better option.
  • Options
    I think that the good managers don't change a winning team unless they can improve on it for a particular game. I think Semedo will improve things albeit marginally. I'd play him but its a tough call as Racon didn't do anything wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]No choice. Semedo every time.

Now Racon for Sam with Thomas on the right and Reid on the left maybe a better option.

I think that playing Reid on the left causes more problems than it solves. While he is very good, he's not that good that we should unbalance the team for him.

I'd play him in the middle or I wouldn't play him at all.
  • Options
    There's is an argument about Reid's best position, but it was a great cross (from the left) last night for the goal...
  • Options
    Two completely different players, Racon is an attacking midfielder and could do a job on the flanks, Semedo is defensive, and holds the ball well. The former deserves a run, but not at Semedo's expense, I think this guy is grossly under-rated and will prove to be one of Pard's best ever buys. Racon for me is an obvious replacement for ZZ....isn't it nice having this kind of a dilemma?
    :-)