Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves last night

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
In the squad of 16 that drew away to Watford and remain top of the table;

Thirteen of the players are home grown, only two of the squad have had first team experience with only one actually playing and 11 of them are still, or have just come through the Academy side.

Bodes well.

Comments

• Options
    i agree, youngsters are being given decent experience and they can only gain confidence from seeing people like Grant etc getting playing time.

Get a few out on loan and you never know we may see the next batch of Rufus', Parker's, Lisbie's in the next couple of years
  • Options
    Just shows how poor we are that we could only draw with Watford and that we have no scouting system as there are no players coming thru.

Why do we waste money on the Academy and then send players like Wright out on loan and let Arter play for Ireland. What are they going to learn playing competative football?

Kinsella out : - )
  • Options
    does bode well, though traditionally we have had a strong, well performing and home grown reserve team for about 15 years
  • Options
    Seriously it is great to see but we are playing at a lower level reserve league now and that is a factor.

I still think the big difference is Pardew's belief in running with a smaller squad and getting young (and some older) players out on loan whenever possible.
  • Options
    Good to see my valley gold money doing something. even though i dont have a sniff of winning anything from it.