Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley

Another manager goes.Steve Cotterill.Mutual consent.

Comments

• Cotterill was touted as a great young manager when he left Cheltenham for Sunderland where it all went wrong for him and Howard Wilkinson.

Did he not get Burnley promoted a couple of years back?
  • edited December 2015
    Just called up to get our three tickets and apparently we've only sold around 100 so far :-0

Ticket office were excellent by the way
  • Surprised it was even that mate! Missus didn't fancy that one then? :-)
  • The Fanackapans will be there come rain, shine, hail, sleet, snow .
  • se9addick said:

Just called up to get our three tickets and apparently we've only sold around 100 so far :-0

Great bumping of a random old thread.

I'm tempted. The 3-0 defeat last time was such a treat.

Plus they've got the sofa in the away end.

It will feel just like a home match.
  • I'm going. Unless they are charging more I'll probably just buy on the day.
  • Surprised it was even that mate! Missus didn't fancy that one then? :-)

Ha - Birmingham was her limit I think !
  • IA said:

se9addick said:

To be fair it would have been more random if I'd bumped a thread related to our pre-season tour of Spain to share news about Burnley away !
  • se9addick said:

IA said:

se9addick said:

To be fair it would have been more random if I'd bumped a thread related to our pre-season tour of Spain to share news about Burnley away !
    Only slightly :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

this .. I got my 'old chappies' ticket for Turf Moor (£15) and one for Bristol .. £27 they are charging a poor old man for the privilege of watching us v them on boxing day .. they should get nicked for cruelty to the justified & ancient ((:>)
  • localish game for us, see you there Fanny
  • Burnley will play their reserves and thrash us

But, Turf Moor does reasonably priced meat and potato pies and has wooden seats. Proper.
  • Burnley Miners Club, 5 minutes walk from ground.

Extremely cheap cerveja.
  • Cricket Club next door used to have parking plus cheap and cheerful food & drink.
  • RedChaser said:

Cricket Club next door used to have parking plus cheap and cheerful food & drink.

I presume if you do a Jimmy Anderson chant they'll let you in...
  • RedChaser said:

Cricket Club next door used to have parking plus cheap and cheerful food & drink.

Just wear a rose in your lapel and you'll be ok, make sure it's the right colour though :wink:
  • 4 of us going up early doors
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Just wear a rose in your lapel and you'll be ok, make sure it's the right colour though :wink:
    Better not wear black and white protest roses in case they get misunderstood...
  • 7-1????

Thats the last time i ever went Burnley away
  • I'm in. Fuck knows why, but I said to my dad, do it, get me that ticket. I look forward to the 7.30am anchor and hope lane coach pick up
  • IA said:

se9addick said:

If you go @IA I'll hold a big Richard Branson photo so you can recognise me
  • If I go, I'll be on the sofa, reading one of the books

• IA said:

If I go, I'll be on the sofa, reading one of the books

Reading a Branson autobiography I hope. Every goal we concede I want an inspiring quote from Richard

• "The amount of time people waste dwelling on failures rather than putting that energy into another project, always amazes me."

"What works once may never work again. What everyone tells you never to do may just work, once. There are no rules. You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over, and it's because you fall over that you learn to save yourself from falling over. It's the greatest thrill in the world"

"In future just remember one thing: you’re guaranteed to miss every shot you don’t take."

I might as well get all three posted now. I think these fit OK with the club management model. Inspiring for the players too. Don't fall over.