Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

when was the last time we played a welsh team

in a competetive match ?...

Comments

• Options
    not long enough ago!!
  • Options
    League game would be 84/5 lost 4-1 at home to Cardiff. Only 3,930 there on a Tuesday night. Don't remember that game but I had a ST then so would have been there, I think.
  • Options
    that was the infamous jim stannard's one and only appearance for us against a cardiff team that only won about 4 games all season... i sat in the away end/jimmy seed /south stand for this one
  • Options
    I remember the game. We had a guy called Jimmy Stanard in goal. He was on loan from Fulham (I think) and it was his only game.

If my memory serves me right it was the season when we had a spate of keeper injuries and they played a kid (Lee someone) for the last couple of games. At one point it had been suggested that Gritty might play in goal from the start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

If my memory serves me right it was the season when we had a spate of keeper injuries and they played a kid (Lee someone) for the last couple of games.

lee harrison i think
  • Options
    Big fat Jim, he had his own section on the old Danny Baker videos. The Gillingham fans love him though the flying pig they used to call him and lobbed cigars on the pitch for him before the games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

If my memory serves me right it was the season when we had a spate of keeper injuries and they played a kid (Lee someone) for the last couple of games.

lee harrison i think

it was Lee Harmsworth, cousin to Mrs Large. He was 17 and played two games I think, letting in five at Man City as they won promotion.
  • Options
    Remember the 4-1 home loss alright think Cardiff were actually bottom before that game. We had just beaten Barnsley 5-3 after being 0-3 down on the Saturday, we reverted to type that night.
  • Options
    The Barnsley game was one of my earliest meories from the Valley, two brother playing for Barnsley, Futhcher? scored a hat trick and then got sent off? very vague memory of Stannard being caught out by a 30/40 yarder from the wing agai8nst cardiff?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Last time we played Wrexham was in 81/82 both teams winning 1-0 at home. Last time we played Swansea was in 83/84, 2-2 at home, lost 1-0 away. Indeed it was Cardiff in 84/85. We won 3-0 at Ninian Park and they won 4-1 at The Valley on 5/3/85.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]The Barnsley game was one of my earliest meories from the Valley, two brother playing for Barnsley, Futhcher? scored a hat trick and then got sent off? very vague memory of Stannard being caught out by a 30/40 yarder from the wing agai8nst cardiff?

Futcher brothers (twins ? - can't remember) were Ron at centre forward, and Paul at centre back.

They played together at Oldham & Man City also.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

lee harrison i think

it was Lee Harmsworth, cousin to Mrs Large. He was 17 and played two games I think, letting in five at Man City as they won promotion.

Yeah, I scored against him, I think.
  • Options
    Yes, Jimmy, you didn't only play for Charlton, did you? ;o)