Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Early Leavers Saturday...

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Be interesting if those guilty of leaving early will be as quick to up and leave if the game's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go and Big Chris is still on the pitch Saturday! The East Stand might not have the mass exodus we're all accustumed too!

Comments

• Options
    Can't understand why people leave early, it's madness.When i go to see a film i don't leave early.

On a few occasions so far this season my daughter has asked me the same question when poeple have left early? A classic was the Pylmouth game when we were sitting in the west stand and a punter was leaving and my daughter asked him why he was going as the game hadn't finished to which the reply was i need to get home, she replied but it's not over and we might score another goal,raised a few eyebrows from people sitting arround us.
  • Options
    I've only ever left early once in 44 years and that was because my daughter was going abroad and I wanted to get back to see her before she left.

I don't understand the mentality of going early unless there are exceptional circumstances.
  • Options
    I've left early once in the entire time I've been going to Charlton (nigh on 30 years now).

That was the year we went one up against the yids, only for the tossers to completely outplay us for the rest of the game. Left as the third went in as I couldn't stand listening to the smug tosspots singing - heard the fourth goal as I walked up the stairs, didn't even turn round.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I've left early once in the entire time I've been going to Charlton (nigh on 30 years now).

That was the year we went one up against the yids, only for the tossers to completely outplay us for the rest of the game. Left as the third went in as I couldn't stand listening to the smug tosspots singing - heard the fourth goal as I walked up the stairs, didn't even turn round.

Only leave if we are getting a spanking - my blood boils and I have to get out of there.

Leroy - I remember the cup game when we were 2 up against the spuds and they came back to win 4-2 - I left when they scored a fourth as I couldn't handle it.
  • Options
    I missed the 5th goal in a 5-0 home win over WBA as I had to get to the ticket office to collect a ticket - I also got tannoyed once, midway through the first half of a game - rushing out in a blind panic, all kinds of things going through my mind only to get told my wife had locked herself out of the house & wanted my keys!!
  • Options
    I sit in the East Stand and do you know it is always the North Stand that seems to have the so called mass Exodus in the last 10 mins. That is upper and lower.
    I think it's called not being able to see the wood for the trees.

The West obviously has long gone by then......
  • Options
    Perhaps we should all Booo the early leavers !
  • Options
    I left the QPR game early - well, when the board went up. The main reason was it was shite, but also I was going on an all-dayer and wanted to get down the juicer in good time!

I don't think it really matters too much. It's all about personal choice after all. I'm not going to stay in my seat just because people think I should.
  • Options
    They leave when we are winning drawing or losing

So i think they will leave whatever the score
  • Options
    Only ever leave if we're losing badly say 2 or 3-0 with a couple of minutes to go. Don't see the point in sticking around
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never leave beofre the final whistle

Whatever the score
  • Options
    if we've lost i stay to end to boo

;-)
  • Options
    Up to them what they do, I just laugh when there are goals scored in the last few minutes.
  • Options
    I have left early on occasions when it has been proper shit - totally my choice, as it is with those who want to get to their cars early.
  • Options
    Good job we didn't leave even 5 mins from the end at either Southampton or Bristol.

Nobody would have seen a Danny Mills victory roll.

Nobody would have seen Big Chris in the last minute.

Nobody would have sung: "Big Chris - In the Last Minute! ..... Big Chris - In the Last Minute.......!"
  • Options
    i'm not getting there until 4:45.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I sit in the East Stand and do you know it is always the North Stand that seems to have the so called mass Exodus in the last 10 mins. That is upper and lower.
    I think it's called not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Not sure the North is the worst but then being in the back of the north lower I can't see alot of it. But they're allowed to leave early because, as they are constantly telling us, they're loyal supporters who go everywhere and hate Palace, and that those of us who don't aren't worthy of calling ourselves true supporters.

Thought I'd clear that up.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    seems to be a fair statement for some.
  • Options
    Only ever left early once. Last year away at reading left couple of minutes before end.

My block in east stand is awful. me and my dad frequently have row literally to ourselves by final whistle.
  • Options
    Never ever leave early. 7-0 down at Luton in the '70s and Flanagan scored a penalty to make it 7-1. Anything could've happened then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And losing 5-0 at grimsby, a friday night made it that much worse, a horrible journey back home, and just 2 weeks before my birthday.
  • Options
    To Make it even worse 2-weeks later on my birthday my present was another night game away at Port Vale which we lost 3-1.
    A Miserable journey back with Lewis Coaches. Guess that's why i always stay till the end,it's in the blood.
  • Options
    Even when you're losing 2-0 with minutes to go anything can happen. You can score 2 for example. But even if the match is truly lost, anything can happen. A penalty, red card, the ref falling over etc. My question is why leave early?

I can understand those who leave if we're getting drubbed as it makes them angry. I wouldn't do it but I understand. Fair dos. But there are people who leave early regardless of the score. To do what? Get home and have a cup of tea?
    I've seen people miss late minute equalisers and still haven't learnt from their mistake.

I have the answer: they don't care. Really, you can't care if you do that. To be honest I don't think that half the people at The Valley really care. Those of us on this website really care I reckon, but the droves you see leaving early just don't - I'm convinced of it.

I've only ever left early once and that was to catch a plane. Even then I waited by the exit and still heard the final whistle go as I was leaving. Why? Because I want to know what happens. Why? Because I care. That's why I'm on this darn site hours before kick-off just to see crappy updates. Can't get the commentary as I'm overseas. It's frustrating so why do I do it? Because I love Charlton. Those who leave early (constantly) don't have that love IMO.
  • Options
    Wonder how many people missed both first half goals by leaving early for a pint. Quite a few round me did.
  • Options
    Yet again people in front of us in the north stand leaving in extra time miss 2 goals,why?
  • Options
    Jeez, does it really matter?

If someone leaves early or goes for a piss they know they might miss something when they make their decision. Why on earth do other people get so wound up about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jeez, does it really matter?

If someone leaves early or goes for a piss they know they might miss something when they make their decision. Why on earth do other people get so wound up about it.

It doesn't wind me up as such, but if yor're in a situation where loads of people around you are doing something that you find bewildering then you're bound to go on about it I think.

There is an annoying aspect to it though and that is that people leaving early often stop half way because something interesting happens. So they stand in the aisle blocking people views. Something interesting might happen if you leave early but once you've started get out quick to let the others continue to watch the game.
    As I said, it's not a big complaint, just something that I find very strange.
  • Options
    Jimmy how did you end up overseas? I find it peculiar saying people don't care cos they miss the last minute of a game, when you miss nearly all of the games.One of the reasons I wouldn't live abroad is because I care about Charlton too much and couldn't miss the games.
    I am not trying to start a row by the way, just wonder whether you chose to move abroad or effectively had to because of circumstances :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Yet again people in front of us in the north stand leaving in extra time miss 2 goals,why?

Because it's the only way you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting a beer before the second half kicks off!
  • Options
    PITL is right. If you want a drink or food, you have to leave before Half time. A midweek game earlier in the season, i left before half time to get a drink and something to eat, and didn't get served until after the 2nd half had started, some 20 minutes later.

I know that sounds an extreme situation, but those were the facts.