Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todays Currant Bun

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
actually that should be yesterdays currant bun as it is past midnight.

Don't normally read the paper but one of my daughters bought it so I had a gander.

Kelvin Mackenzie has a column and makes two references to Charlton. Firstly he talks about the tragic case of the Jehovahs Witness mother and, referring to the Second Coming, says ...."My suspicion is that Charlton will win the Premier League before he turns up. If he does, by the way, could he be a centre half?"....

Secondly he writes....."Chris Iwelumo is the centre-forward for Charlton Athletic who has won their last two Championship games because he has scored in the 90th minute, yes 90th minute. Memo to Chris: There is no law stopping you scoring in minute one to minute 89. Do I make myself clear?"...

Finally, off topic from Charlton, there is a letter regarding Sir Ian Blair and his possible sacking as Met Police Commissioner. So what you may say however the signatory is Harry Roberts.

Wind up do you think?

Comments

• Options
    What are the odds on that Chris scores before 90 minutes are up on saturday?
  • Options
    Harry Roberts?

He kills coppers?
  • Options
    awful writer, bit embarrassed by the association.
  • Options
    As bad as McKenzie is how good is Ally Ross on a Friday?

It's spot on
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]awful writer, bit embarrassed by the association.[/quote]

Once a Millwall fan.....
  • Options
    .........always a cnut
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You may say that but I couldn't possibly comment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Harry Roberts?

He kills coppers?

Correct, hence the irony in somebody of that name writing a letter on police matters.

I suspect a wind up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]awful writer, bit embarrassed by the association.

Bit embarrassed that any Charlton fan reads the Sun, let alone writes in it...
  • Options
    Currant Bun = Toilet paper FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Current Bun = 20p.

You get what you pay for. With most things available on line, i pay as little as i can for a paper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Currant Bun = Toilet paper FACT

Apart from when Richard Little John used to write in it.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2007
    Noooooo!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Currant Bun = Toilet paper FACT

Apart from when Richard Little John used to write in it.

Then it wasn't even fit to be used as cat litter.
  • Options
    Littlejohn is better than Jon Gaunt.

Sun readers should boycott The Sun on a Tuesday.

That man would blame the England team being rubbish on political correctness.