Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glasgow 2014

Just won the vote to be Commonwealth Games host city

Comments

• Options
    bet they have a better logo than London 20122
  • Options
    Probably some bunch of cliche old bollocks.

Looking good so far for Sport in the 2010's in the country

Olympics 2012, Commonwealths 2014, Rugby World cup hopefully in 2015, and then hopefully Football World cup in 2018
  • Options
    Scotland is not in this country...

Glasgow2014Logo.jpg
  • Options
    Nice bid logo, lets see what they use when they actually have to sell stuff and get sponsors.

The London 2012 one is hardly putting off the likes of Lloyds TSB and Adidas, they're coughing up £100m for the right to use it
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Scotland is not in this country...

So they love to keep reminding us !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Nice bid logo, lets see what they use when they actually have to sell stuff and get sponsors.

The London 2012 one is hardly putting off the likes of Lloyds TSB and Adidas, they're coughing up £100m for the right to use it
    but wait until they get sued using an image of Lisa Simpson without permission!
  • Options
    The Commonwealth Games are a joke. Just a chance for our overpaid underachieving "athletes" to big themselves up and pick up worthless medals against no serious opposition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]The Commonwealth Games are a joke. Just a chance for our overpaid underachieving "athletes" to big themselves up and pick up worthless medals against no serious opposition.

Not quite true DJDD. When there is serious opposition our lot invariably lose! Agree about the "joke" bit though.

Perhaps someone should tell the organisers that there isn't a Commonwealth anymore. Ah, but then that would mean the gravy train coming to an end!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Probably some bunch of cliche old bollocks.

Looking good so far for Sport in the 2010's in the country

Olympics 2012, Commonwealths 2014, Rugby World cup hopefully in 2015, and then hopefully Football World cup in 2018

The first two will result in those living in London and Glasgow paying for the event for years afterwards. Like everyone in Sheffield is STILL paying for the World Student Games (held in 1991).
  • Options
    Also the cricket world cup is in England in 2018 or 19 I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in Glasgow for work yesterday and was very impressed by the regeneration in the East End of the City in readiness for the Commonwealth Games .

Nine years ago I went to Celtic Park and was quite disgusted that the area around the Stadium was full of slums and the ground looked completely out of place in its surroundings .

Last night I was impressed by how the area had improved for example Chris Hoy's Velodrome is next to Parkhead and the area seems transformed .

Glasgow looks set for a makeover similar to the area around Stratford in London's East End although I understand that there will not be a new stadium but Hampden Park is being renovated for the event.

There seems to be a real excitement surrounding Glasgow 2014 and I think Scotland's second city will do a fine job as host .
  • Options
    Is Rab C Nesbitt performing at the opening ceremony ?