Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best team we have played so far?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Thought QPR were ok, but anybody think we have seen anyone better than us so far?
I don't think we have.

Comments

• Options
    Stoke were effective, not sure about good.
  • Options
    nope, and doubt we will. Possibly West Brom, but depends if they keep Miller and Philips returns from injury soon.

Barnsley's football impressed me, as did Plymouth's endeavour. Stoke's style of play didn't though....
  • Options
    No-one as yet ...Sheffield Wednesday were not half bad for 45 mins at least.

Did not see Wolves away but they must have been half decent.
  • Options
    Wasn't at the match but saw some fairly positive comments about Barnsleh???
  • Options
    Barnsley have been the best footballing side, if that makes any sense.

Stoke I think were most effective, but that was much earlier in the season so maybe would be a different game now?

Plymouth by far and away the best all round package
  • Options
    I thought we played Plymouth off the park first-half to be honest
    missed a shed-load a chances and gave away two soft goals

second-half they defended deep and we didn't create much as long punts through the middle don't work for us...

thought Leics were the poorest - utterly dire...
  • Options
    I thought Scunthorpe put up a good show considering there lack of 'star' quality. Also thought Leicester were dire.
  • Options
    Before I even opened this thread I'd already answered as definaltey Barnsley for me.
    Their midfield with Howard running was a pretty effective unit.
  • Options
    Best so far, Barnsley. I though Norwich were worse than Leicester by a long shot.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Scunthorpe are worth a mention as are Colchester who did what they did well but Barnsley best and Norwich worse, just shading Leicester. Palace were toothless especially considering they were at home.

No team has been impressive all game including Charlton but the best football I've seen has been from us against Norwich and Barnsley when we should have wrapped up both games early on.

Didn't see Scunthorpe.

Hull have the most whinging, one eyed fans by a long, long shot.

Worse ref: No contest. Mr Styles Worse decision was not giving a pen for the foul on Varney at Coventry.

Worse Kit - can't think of a really bad one off hand. The seahawk and denim looks good on TV.

Best "new" song. "that's why you got the sack" to Dowie at Coventry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    barnsley deffo - though tthey were excellent on the day
  • Options
    Consistency though is the key to success. Barnsley were good against us, but poor at home to Blackpool last week.

Plymouth beat us and then couldn't win their next few games etc etc.

I don't think there is much to choose between the teams. Consistency is the key!
  • Options
    Ironically I thought Stockport played nice football
  • Options
    lol worst kit has to be Sporting Braga.....looked fit for a disco
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Ironically I thought Stockport played nice football

When was that Tel - back when Brett Angel played for them?
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Luton for me, which says a lot about the standard of this league.

Agree completely with the comment about the Hull fans-I know we're all a bit biased for our clubs but they were just plain thick.
  • Options
    Thought Scunny were a decent side and Stoke looked good
  • Options
    Braga.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Best "new" song. "that's why you got the sack" to Dowie at Coventry.

Why, did he make them team hitch-hike on a motorway too?