Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson in Pards plans?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
The OS says that Chris Dickson, on loan at the Jills, has been denied permission to play in the FA Cup for them.
He will miss the chance to face Charlton teammate Josh Wright this weekend.

So Pards obviously is keeping an eye on Dickers and wants to make sure he's available if needed.

Dickers scored another cracking goal for the Jills & won a penalty a couple of days ago.

Comments

• Options
    lets hope so
  • Options
    dean sinclair has not been given permission to play for cheltenham in the fa cup either....
    can we loan out mcLeod quickly and get him cup tied!
  • Options
    I think this stint at the Gills will do Dickson a lot of good....might be the making of him.
  • Options
    We're not exactly blessed with strikers. Probably just hedging against injuries.
  • Options
    Maybe with Toddy out all season Dicko might be recalled and given a chance, pards likes to have plenty of strikres. And if he continues to improve at the gills why not.
  • Options
    Well, we don't play in the FA Cup until January and we can buy another striker then.

So I'd take a punt on Pards seriously intending to use him in the run in - if
    he carries on scoring (6 for Jills in just 6 weeks) and improving at the rate he's showing.
  • Options
    Snap, Badger mate! ;o)
  • Options
    Game on secret weapon soon to be unleashed!
  • Options
    i don't think we would have signed him if he had mo faith in him,
    pards did say at the begining of the season that chris needs some game time out on loan,
    it wouldn't surprise me if pards goes to yeovil to watch him play next sunday as we have a week off
    chris has a raw talent of scoring goals , i reckon they should let him loose ,proberly do well runniing off iwelumo's shoulder
  • Options
    just seen his goal from last week - cracking finish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting better all the time.

Keep him at Jills until January - and lets see if he's ready to step up to the Championship then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]just seen his goal from last week - cracking finish

Is this available on the internet?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Try the Virgin site, Jimmy - they claim to show every League goal in every division:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Try the Virgin site, Jimmy - they claim to show every League goal in every division:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com

Not possible if overseas.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, Jimmy.

I've just watched it and - BRILLIANT!

This is a quality goal right out of the top draw.

Jills lumped a high long ball from the right halfway line. Dickson just outside the box surrounded by defenders, kills it instantly; twisting & turning cuts inside the box, changes feet, twists again and lets fly from a sharp angle.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/leagueonevideo/0,,12555~1162508,00.html

All you Addicks, watch this link. We have a real treasure developing.He also wins Jills a penalty doing much the same thing.

Jills love him - but of course, Pards won't let him play today.
  • Options
    No, Jimmy, 'fraid not.

I'm in exile down in deepest, darkest Cornwall and I've no way of getting commentary.
    I'm way out of range of London/Kent radio.

I don't if there's commentary available from the Cardiff City OS.
  • Options
    See 'official match thread'
  • Options
    Thanks Jimmy
  • Options
    Gills lose today. Clearly missed dickson.