Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 clean sheets in a row

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Since Sam Sodjer has come in, Fortune's more or less performed and we've collected 3 clean sheets in a row - something previously we've never looked like doing.

And an 18 year old rookie, picked as an emergency stop gap, has played his part in every minute of those clean sheet matches. Well done, Grant Basey.

I know tactics have changed to 4-5-1 to protect the defence and give a platform to Cap'n Reidy,
but lets give credit to the 2 new boys, unsung heroes both, who have more than played their part.

Comments

• Options
    Spot on Oggy. 4-5-1 played to right way with two wide men also creates chances as proved today.
  • Options
    Pardew said he was happy with his new look defense in the programme today. Sodje and fortune looking very strong together. Sodje had great game today plus good to see him on scoresheet.
  • Options
    lets hope we can permanise sodje
  • Options
    All credit to the defense and in particular Nicky Weaver. Some fine shot stopping.

Brian Cole and Glynne Jones off the Charlton Plus show have hopefully eaten their hats!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]lets hope we can permanise sodje

Would you mind repeating that in UK English : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ribbed[/cite]All credit to the defense and in particular Nicky Weaver. Some fine shot stopping.

Brian Cole and Glynne Jones off the Charlton Plus show have hopefully eaten their hats!

BC and GJ eat. If I wasn't heavy boned myself I would be making a joke there.

Like Basey and especially that he was shouting and telling the other players what to do. Fortune and Sodje certainly look more solid that Bougherra or McCarthy IMHO but I was saying how good MB and JF were looking a few weeks ago.

Weaver does everything he needs to do and can't fault him for a goal concided yet.
  • Options
    yep fair play to our defence can't believe how much they've tightened up obviously due to the personnel/ system changes but it's exactly what we needed after our poor run was to shore up the back four... would be nice if the season ended right here right now.... promotion ,palarse and smallwall relegated we can only but dream oh please............................