Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atmosphere today!

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Really helped us today. The players dont need us on their backs from the start. And today we proved what response a good bit of vocal support can bring. Good touch to see Reid thanking the fans efforts at the end.

Comments

• Options
    it was ok in the second half.
  • Options
    very poor first half and start of second I thought, good for the last half hour
  • Options
    Although the fans didnt get on the players back as they have been lately, I thought the atmosphere generally was awful.

Players deserve a bit more encourgament than the 10 minutes in the second half today.
  • Options
    was being polite,it was crap as usual
  • Options
    And half of the "true fans" in the North Upper had left by the end. Poor.

Anyway, three points is three points!
  • Options
    quiet but at least people were reasonably positive apart from the bloke behind me who slagged ZZ off all game.

ZZ is the new Kish in terms of being the scapegoat.

I enjoyed turning round and asking him what he was saying about ZZ after he scored!

I know I shouldn't.
  • Options
    len - i got a right prick behind me - i am gonna lamp him before the season is out.

When Iwelumo was subbed he said "bollox" who am i going to moan about now. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    I was shocked at the amount of people leaving at 3-0??????????????????????????

I can understand a week game were you may have train etc to get if you dont live local or you hve young kids maybe school night

But why on a saturday
  • Options
    the singing at any ground is uausually led by support in the popiular end. to be blunt the covered end of Charlton is pathetic

i sit in the lower west having done my stint of twenty or thirty years in the covered end when the support was ace

the youngsters today are just not up to it both interms of volume and range of songs

must say i was at southampton last week and if pards thought that was great support then he is getting really desperate.
  • Options
    Ken come back

I was thyere back in the seventies when it was ace as well

Need people like you back up there with us show them how its done.

Think i done well as i really have no voice this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From where I stood, the atmosphere was quite good yesterday. Covered end sounded quite loud, especially when the trumpet and drums got going.

Problem is that you can't get a decent perspective when you're in the stands. Only when you're "out" of them you can appreciate how vocal you lot really are!

As for people leaving, I suspect that given the reputation of our visitors, most wanted to get away and not get caught up in anything.
  • Options
    Agreed thought it was amazing but being in the middle of it its hard to tell how it sounds elsewere
  • Options
    The Killer Clan commented on the eerie atmosphere even before the game started. Think all were a tad nervous. But it was the first time ever I thought the 'Ultras' (god I hate that expression) were poor. We were the 'sing when your winning' brigade yesterday.

Boys that stand in the North Upper, we couldn't hear you in the first half, where were you? Apart from the drums & the VFR at the start there was hardly a whisper out of you???

In M block, there was us & a few others who sang & well done to you. I know I sang, can hardly speak today.

We need to get behind our boys...............I boo'd that idiot infront, although he didn't realise, I felt better. We laughed though, when he clapped the goal then realised what he was doing & promptly stopped. Idiot!

C'mon you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    x
  • Options
    Most of us were singing.

From my seat in North Upper, H Block (same as Carlsberg), I thought we were quite loud, but then again its difficult to tell if its just load around me. With say 200 singing it sounds loud, but needs other stands to join in, not expect us to carry other areas.
  • Options
    It's as if everyone's on smack up in the covered end. The 1st half was appalling. God knows what the atmosphere would have been like if we hadn't scored...

Someone starts a song (usually Red Army unfortunately), and a few join in and it peters out. Like everyone's bone idle or stoned...

Yes, the last half hour was good. But as Dan says, difficult to know really, only when it sounds REALLY loud around you do you know it's reaching the away fans. Anything else will barely be heard.

Full marks to the blokes who hijacked those twats who started singing "your support is fucking shite" (oh the irony) with a VFR.

Nice to hear songs directed at individual players, too. Just LOUDER please, and more (including those around us singing) joining in!!

bogzxx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Most of us were singing.

From my seat in North Upper, H Block (same as Carlsberg), I thought we were quite loud, but then again its difficult to tell if its just load around me. With say 200 singing it sounds loud, but needs other stands to join in, not expect us to carry other areas.

i think you must be right! kets and carter i and were doing quite a lot of singing and i had a saw throat! it sounded quite load from where i was standing. And like i said when Reid came over to take the corner he applauded the fans so he obviously thought we were good. ( i dont think he was being sarcastic)

So perhaps some of you herbo's who moan about our poor noise levels should stop moaning and sing up with us!
  • Options
    There's nothing to stop any part of the ground getting involved in any song. It can get a bit soul destroying when I spend a good chunk of the game screaming my lungs out trying to create more of an atmosphere when plenty around me who are also season ticket holders in a part of the ground that is where the noise generation that are not bothered about opening their mouths unless to moan.

That sounds probably more negative than I meant as last season on several occasions we were good and loud but we need people to lose whatever it is thats stopping them from joining in. I'm watching the pompey game on the box and the noise is coming from all the ground. Not just the fans behind either goal.
  • Options
    I see we're kicking off at 7.45 for midweek games in January. I wonder whether people will have to leave early to catch a train then, or will they stay to the end?
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited November 2007
    A perspective from the Lower West....Cardiff fans, werent very loud...for what 1800 or so...disappointing from them. Upper North, not bad in the second half, was especially loud up to and around Reidy's gesture, Lower North ...hard to say, but they didnt look as involved in singing and clapping. West around me...no singing but got involved in the clapping. East stand seem unusually quiet...I used to have my season ticket in the middle, and it was quite lively in days gone past. The drums and trumpets made a big difference. Perhaps people need encouragement to sing, rather than a constant slagging off? Maybe we should all try talking it up and being positive? Just a thought
  • Options
    Just been nosing around on the cardiff forums, and one or two posts stated that our support was pretty poor and that they were singing the loudest in the 1st half... but then couldn't be bothered when our 3rd went in.

All I can say is.... there's room for improvement chaps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]quiet but at least people were reasonably positive apart from the bloke behind me who slagged ZZ off all game.

ZZ is the new Kish in terms of being the scapegoat.

I enjoyed turning round and asking him what he was saying about ZZ after he scored!

I know I shouldn't.

The bloke behind me slagged off ZZ as well Len, where do you sit?
  • Options
    I sit in the East and I thought we were pretty quite in the first half. Indeed Cardiff were doing the "shhhh" stuff. Second half was much better. There wasn't much moaning apart from the bloke who slagged of ZZ and another one who wanted Big Chris subbed before he scored because apparently he could hardly stand up. I saved my loudest verbals for the Ref, who seemed to lose it halfway through the second half.
  • Options
    To be fair Bing I thought we were going to sub Chris as he looked as if the injuries had caught up.For about 7-10 mins he was a passenger,so I don't think that is fair.I said to the geezer next to me to substitute him as he could hardly run.But the ZZ slaters I just don't get it,he had a cracking header ruled out and again thought he was class.
  • Options
    I was singing loud as I could in N U Kblock but a few others around me seemed to be singing under thier breath. As for the West stand they may as well not have bothered showing up.
  • Options
    Was in the East (near the away end) and you honestly could hardly hear the Covered End, except a couple of Red Army (shakes head) and C-A-F-C chants! cardiff outsung us easily, athough not amazingly loud! And they would not have even heard the England chants that I could JUST about make out from us!! Not sure if it's the acoustics or not but the away support just can't hear our home support!!