Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loan Players

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Mills and Sodje are both excellent and I am confident we can get promotion , with them in the team.(Not that i was 10 days ago LOL).
I can't remember the loan deals we have for them and am worried that they may be off in January. Who remembers what the deals are?

Comments

• Options
    MIlls off in January - although Man City have said he can leave, so we should be able to buy him or extend it.
    Sodje until the end of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I can't remember the loan deals we have for them and am worried that they may be off in January. Who remembers what the deals are?

If in doubt there's always the OS...

Which says Mills was signed until the end of December 2007 and Sodje is ours for the whole of the season, but Reading can choose to recall the defender in January.

I'd have thought that there is a good chance of making both signings permanent. Mills is 30 and clearly has the legs for a season or two more in the Premiership, and failing that the Championship and would likely be either free or cheap. At his age he probably only has a few seasons left and he seems the type who'd rather spend them playing than sitting in the stands or on the bench. As for Sodje, the impression I got was that Reading consider him too small for the Premiership.
  • Options
    Ooh err. So we could lose both in January. Hopefully they will both want to stay. But will Man C and Reading let us have them on deals we can afford?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Ooh err. So we could lose both in January. Hopefully they will both want to stay. But will Man C and Reading let us have them on deals we can afford?

Pre-season Sodje was offered to Sheff Weds on a permanent basis, but the player and the club couldn't agree terms and Reading instead loaned him out, from that you could conclude they will be happy to have him off their books if the price is right. Similarly Mills isn't wanted by Man City - where he's behind Micah Richards, he spent last season on loan at Hull and this year he's been loaned out to us. Again if the price is right...
  • Options
    My main worry would be if a Fulham or a Wigan came in for them in January. If I was Charlton, I'd try and sign them up now (or at least before the window). Reading may want Sodje back of course. Both these guy are playing brilliantly at present. It would be a serious blow of they were allowed to leave.
  • Options
    I think Sodje would be well happy to sign for us.

Born in Greenwich, lots of local family - and from what he's been saying, easily identifies with the club and feels he belongs. Offer him a deal and he'd sign it.

Millsy - if he thought we were going up, I'm sure he'd stay.

Sticking point: apparently has missus & kids settled up north - so family upheaval to think about. But it must be unsettling for him with all the travelling, digs & stuff.

But if we offered him a reasonable contract, he'd probably sign.
    After all, you can see he's ENJOYING his football again.