Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That's better.......

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
scored more than once and also another clean sheet. I could be churlish and mention the fact that both teams we just about beat last week ( saints and city) were thrashed yesterday, but I will leave that to someone else.

I will re-iterate what I have said many times though - must get a second goal. Yesterday's game was all over once Big Chris got the second before half time and it was only a case of how many more we could score on the break. Thmas was unlucky at the end and it would have rounded off a great move - our passing is back to its best and some of Reidy's passess were sublime.

I was a bit disappointed with LLoyd Sam though - he doesn't anticipate enough and is not far enough forward when we attck down the other wing. A couple of times yesterday a cross came over and he was nowhere near getting involved. He needs to sharpen up or alternatives should be found (Varney,Ambrose or even moo2)

Now a third way through the season and looking good for a top 6 finish - xmas/new year will be pivitol and then come January see where we are and Pards may have a few bob to spend. A quality striker is key for next season if we get promoted and will help us now get the goals to kill off games.Perhaps another playmaker in midfield (Song?) as I dread what will happen if Reidy get injured, but defence is now sound with Mills and Sodje firmley ensconsed and can't see why the mancs wont let him stay until the end of the season or accept a bid of around £500,000 for him.

onwards and upwards.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I could be churlish and mention the fact that both teams we just about beat last week ( saints and city) were thrashed yesterday, but I will leave that to someone else.

and no dig at curbishley either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]scored more than once and also another clean sheet. I could be churlish and mention the fact that both teams we just about beat last week ( saints and city) were thrashed yesterday, but I will leave that to someone else.

i agree. Totally unacceptable that we played Southhampton away with 10 men but only won one nil when sheff Wed had a home game and 11 men and scored 5. Meanwhile we also had the advantage of playing 11 Bristol players but they had a player sent off yesterday - we all know it's harder to play 10 men - and that Ispwich are rubbish at home having only won the last 11 on the trot.

I hear that the FA have introduced a new rule which means you get more points for winning 5 or 6 nil than you do for winning 1-0.

: - (
  • Options
    The same 'Big Chris' that Golfie was demanding we drop pre Southampton...

A thread entitled 'Thats Better' yet has negatives in every paragraph...
  • Options
    Leave Golfie alone - this is him in a good mood!
    ;o)
  • Options
    come on Golfie is big enought to take it,but let's not shot him down in flames everytime he posts.If we did have another striker banging in goals consistantly we really would be a force in this league.Watford have 2 and despite their so called wobble in the last week are still 8 points clear.Maybe that is what golfie is trying to point out,or maybe not,but come on chaps each to their own.