Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just came across this...

http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=32960&display=1&st=0

Does anyone at Charlton take this lot seriously ?

quotes like "When we did score unfortunately he took his shirt off which delivered a rather unpleasant smell" just typifies the opionions of our older support.

In the link, people seem to be writing about 'morons' who are affecting their enjoyment of going to an away game. Now i went to Bristol and when you get 500 odd people travelling all that way, and then sit there not even bothering to join in when the songs are sung, well of course that is going to annoy a few people. So to suggest officials from Charlton should root out the people who are trying to get the atmosphere going at away games is farsicle.

Now i'm not saying they don't support the club 100%. But wouldn't it be nice to have the majority of the away crowd joining in with the songs?

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    i think it's pathetic and doesn't even deserve much of a response to be honest, what enjoyment can you get out of football if you don't get involved?
  • Options
    each to their own, everyone should stop worrying about others and just get out of it what they want.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=32960&display=1&st=0

"When we did score unfortunately he took his shirt off which delivered a rather unpleasant smell"

hahahahahaha. Marvellous.

I dunno, I've been embarrassed by fans a few times, but it's a bloody football match. It happens. If you want to go for a civilised night out where everyone does as they're told, go for a night at the theatre instead, for heaven's sake.
  • Options
    Here's another cracker from Your Views:

"My daughter who has been to the home games with me has asked what the deal is with the massive flag that gets passed over the lower north, and to my shame I cant answer her!

So if anyone will look kindly on me and give me an answer I would be very appreciative!"

Where do we find these people?
  • Options
    Like WHATEVER!
  • Options
    Theses people have forgotten that they are at a football match. They should rather watch it home.

Going to a football game is one of the last bastions of going somewhere to let off steam, chant, shout and go bananas for the love of a cause. They would prefer piped crowd cheering on the PA system, and have a rule where anyone who breaks the silence is not allowed a jaffa cake at half time.

Having an atmosphere from your supporters in which a team gets confidence and belief from doesn't come with being quiet and boring.

What riles me is that these guys are suggesting to get the club to get undercover staff into away games to police us from within !?!?!? fking idiots.
  • Options
    like going to the odeon apparently, can't we have the old 15,000 Valley back?
  • Options
    Well that supporter proved you right, shouting abuse at loyal fans shows that he rates vocal support above financial support of the fans and confuses it with loyalty!

Nice hint of smugness...
  • Options
    I reckon these fans are all a bunch of mugs! I would rather have 500 passionate fans singing, than 2000 sitting there crying that they cant see the game because everyone is standing up. It typifies the moronic fans that we have at this club. Anyone on here remember palace away (dennis in the last minute) when we only had about a 1000 but the noise was terrific.

ive actually been put off going to away games because of this large element of moaners. Is footie away not all about the singing, the banter and the DAY OUT, or have i issed a trick somewhere???
  • Options
    Yeah agree with most of the above, but i'm sure fan's of different clubs would not be so tolerant with these mutes.

Still i suppose, we just have to get on with it, roll on Preston...

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed with Old Toy Boy...... Glad in a way we usually have spare seats to move where you like away, instead of being next to these people who are better off in a morgue!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    agreed on the spare seats point, looking forward to unreserved at preston and standing (legally for once) at cardiff - over zealous stewards telling you to sit down every minute really piss me off, as bad as bouncers for egos
  • Options
    plenty of seats at Bristol and plenty choosing to stand at the back. No worries, wasn't affecting us. Three latecomers decide to sit in front of us and then one decides he wants to keep standing up every 30 seconds. My Dad, 75, very dodgy knees, can't stand, politely asks this guy to please sit down. Gets a mouthful of abuse and was called an old c**t. Politely asks guy to sit again and gets the same again including the 'c' word again. That is it as far as I'm concerned. Unploitely told this guy where to go. Two youngish supporters to his right also gave him what for. Steward threatened to chuck him out. He shut up. Half time he moved elsewhere. Seems some on here would excuse his behaviour and say well that's what football's all about and would say the solution is for my Dad not to go. The irony here though is my Dad sings more than most fans do and this numpty in front of us never sung at all and the only time he opened his mouth was to shout abuse at a 75 yr old. What a twat. If that is supporting your team than I'd rather he and others didn't bother. Oh, btw, he sat the whole half sitting chatting to an ex-Club employee who didn't say a word to his 'mate' and has gone down in my estimation.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    of course that language and reaction is inexcusable large, it's stupid to stand right in front of someone when there is ample room at the back
  • Options
    no, IC.
  • Options
    I think a bit of 'Tolerance' if that is the right word could be used on both sides. I don't think people should bully people into singing at away games if they don't want to, just as the plastics should leave the people who want to stand & sing alone & stop telling them to sit down & thowing filthly looks at the people who do sing. If you wanna sit down all game sit in the middle or at the front & let the louder lot stand at the back. As for sitting where your ticket is that is not even an argument, when you buy your ticket ask for it nowhere near the back of the stand simple. Same goes for the standers when you buy your ticket ask for it near the back, that's what I do, not rocket science really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no, IC.

surprises me, even the kid's mates were taking issue, why not him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think a bit of 'Tolerance' if that is the right word could be used on both sides. I don't think people should bully people into singing at away games if they don't want to, just as the plastics should leave the people who want to stand & sing alone & stop telling them to sit down & thowing filthly looks at the people who do sing. If you wanna sit down all game sit in the middle or at the front & let the louder lot stand at the back. As for sitting where your ticket is that is not even an argument, when you buy your ticket ask for it nowhere near the back of the stand simple. Same goes for the standers when you buy your ticket ask for it near the back, that's what I do, not rocket science really.

At Bristol it was unreserved seating. A couple of hundred were standing in the middle, at the back. We were sitting about twelve rows back in the seats furthest to the left, sparsely populated. Why, if someone wants to stand, come and do so in front of us ? The logical choice would be to stand with the couple of hundred already standing. If not then surely you have to expect that others will ask you to sit. Seems fair.

If you want to stand then ask for a ticket at the back and if the Club solely allocated these specifically to those who ask for a ticket at the back we could end up actually allocating these tickets to the right fans without the Club being compliant in promoting unlawful standing at matches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think a bit of 'Tolerance' if that is the right word could be used on both sides. I don't think people should bully people into singing at away games if they don't want to, just as the plastics should leave the people who want to stand & sing alone & stop telling them to sit down & thowing filthly looks at the people who do sing. If you wanna sit down all game sit in the middle or at the front & let the louder lot stand at the back. As for sitting where your ticket is that is not even an argument, when you buy your ticket ask for it nowhere near the back of the stand simple. Same goes for the standers when you buy your ticket ask for it near the back, that's what I do, not rocket science really.
    Exactly. As i've said in 33,456 threads prior to this. I have no problem with people not singing as long as they don't moan when things arent going well as that is ridiculous.

If you sing every game or don't it makes you no less of a Charlton supporter in my opinion. If you have travelled 300 miles midweek to watch a game then you show that you care about the club.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Large, amazes me why some people will go all that way on a Tuesday night, probably have a couple of shandies too many and start abusing their own, I saw a similar thing with an old boy at Watford last season.

2000 tickets, we had 700 there, the 200 that want to stand can do so at the back, simple.

Not enjoying away games this season, Palace and Blackpool will be the only decent atmospheres, FACT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My daughter and I were thinking about travelling to the odd away match (finances permitting) I'm not so sure now though.

It sounds like the scum who spoke to Large's Dad are only one grade above the Palace scum who attacked the families on the train. Disgraceful behaviour when they could easily have stood with the others if that was what they wanted to do.

I don't think I want to put myself or my daughter in the position of potentially getting involved in a confrontation.

Old and placid as I am those sort of bullies get my dander up and I won't back down so best not to go.
  • Options
    ...but there is no excuse in this day and age to go to a football match with smelly arm pits!

Just say yes to Right guard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]My daughter and I were thinking about travelling to the odd away match (finances permitting) I'm not so sure now though.

It sounds like the scum who spoke to Large's Dad are only one grade above the Palace scum who attacked the families on the train. Disgraceful behaviour when they could easily have stood with the others if that was what they wanted to do.

I don't think I want to put myself or my daughter in the position of potentially getting involved in a confrontation.

Old and placid as I am those sort of bullies get my dander up and I won't back down so best not to go.

problem is Len every team has a few so called supporters who cause trouble. We are not excluded from this. Thankfully our 'few' are very few indeed compared to others. I was happy at Bristol to see a couple of younger supporters also berate this 'fans' behaviour. He overstepped the mark.
  • Options
    Why is it that people seem to be so bothered by people not singing?

If people want to go to a game and not sing, let them get on with it. Not my idea of fun but each to their own. As long as they aren't whinging about the one's that do want to sing what's the problem?
  • Options
    singing does make a difference, that's why a lot of people want more noise out of our support home and away

a player will maybe just about make out singing his name or chanting for the team when he makes a crunching tackle or does well to win a set-piece but he'll sure as hell hear the groans when he misplaces a pass