Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

a sad return to the bad old days

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
What a sad sorry club Cardiff are, dragging us back in the grim over policed atmosphere of fear, clubs like them should simply be kicked out of the league.

(apologies if this thread is already running elsewhere)

Comments

• Options
    True enough. One of the benefits we have had in the Premier League is that in the main, the thugs have been marginalised. Now we are in the second tier we will come up against the Cardiffs, the Bristol City's, the Burnleys of this world where lack of success on the field has them attracting fans for a different reason. I just hope we will not be dragged down to this kind of level again. I am thinking about the up coming Palarse game and hoping that the natural rivalry and anger stoked up by the Tango Tosser and the attack on families is not going to lead to some vigilantism on behalf of our club. The best thing we fans can do is give them a verbal hard time in the ground and get behind Pards and the boys.
  • Options
    i went to all 3 games last week and there was more trouble at southampton than at two west teams. not a hint of trouble at bristol city and very little on saturday. southampton had a nasty atmosphere all through the game.
  • Options
    mainly due to history and a current pasttime of southampton's braindead to brick away coaches
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]i went to all 3 games last week and there was more trouble at southampton than at two west teams. not a hint of trouble at bristol city and very little on saturday. southampton had a nasty atmosphere all through the game.

you must of missed Cardiff's best attempts to kick off in Floyd Rd, Charlton Church Lane, the station, on the train and at London Bridge afterwards, with Charlton and the police. The sad thing is that that is their 'controlled membership scheme' as well....

Backward scum.
  • Options
    I ended up on the Jubilee Line on Saturday because Charlton Station became a war zone, along with a load of BTP plod who were trying to out race the Southeastern train to London Bridge to catch the Cardiff fans there
  • Options
    what happened outside the Antigallican - suppose no one knows really as this happened during the game apparently!
  • Options
    they shouldn't be playing in the English leagues anyway
  • Options
    I was at Bristol and to be fair I didn't see any trouble but I felt there was an angry undercurrent which could easily have turned nasty. You have only to look at stuff on You Tube to see that they certainly aren't angels.

I walked past The Antigallican before and after the game. Before the game it was filled with Cardiff and lots of OB hanging around. Didn't see any trouble though. To be fair I have seen stuff on some of Cardiff's fans sites saying that they were arguing/fighting amongst themselves and most have condemned this behaviour. As usual its a small minority who kick it off.
  • Options
    They're going down, and we're going, so hopefully we won't play again for a while
  • Options
    Apparently Risbale got verbally attacked in the car park by Cardiff fans after as well.

Strong rumours Jones is to get the tin tac today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Strong rumours Jones is to get the tin tac today.

I expect Paul Simpson at Preston and maybe Burley at Southampton to not be too far behind him
  • Options
    this was taken from a city site.

The pre-match atmosphere at Charlton yesterday was fine. We were drinking in a busy pub in Greenwich called the Rose of Denmark, which was about a ten minute walk from the ground. The place was split about 50/50 with home and away fans, and both the staff and the home supporters were very welcoming to the City contingent.

Sadly, things were not so good in the ground itself.

There were numerous angry verbal exchanges between fellow City fans at the Valley after City had gone 0-2 down, the subject of the arguments of course being the current management situation. These arguments raged throughout the second half, and I witnessed two confrontations which spilled over into violence after the final whistle. I can't remember seeing that sort of thing amongst our travelling support for a long, long time.

I'm also disappointed to report that racism reared its ugly head again yesterday. Within a couple of minutes of the start of the game, a middle-aged bloke in the seat directly behind me began screaming racist abuse in the direction of Charlton's Chinese player Zheng Zhi. When I confronted him about it, I was immediately threatened with violence by both him and several of his mates, some of whom had kids with them. They told me he could shout whatever he wanted to, and if I didn't like it then me and the two young women I was with could **** off and sit somewhere else. There was no reasoning with them at all, and the attempts at physical intimidation continued for quite some time, with one little arsehole clearly intent on starting a fight not only with me but with a couple of other lads in the row in front too.

The most disappointing aspect of this particular incident is that these people are all members of the supporters club, and are regular away travellers with CCSC.

Sadly, we really do have some scumbags following this club of ours.
    [Updated on: Sun, 11 November 2007 06:10]
  • Options
    very sad
  • Options
    those 20 or so cardiff muppets in floyd road and at london bridge were only brave because the ob were there on masse to protect them...sheer weight of numbers would have pushed them back if they had started because there was nowhere to go except forward...the sad thing is i saw one dad trying to console his little daughter of about 6 or 7 years of age...lets hope the ob have given some of them the opportunity of incurring the extra expense of coming back to se london this morning...
  • Options
    there up in front of the beak thursday i believe
  • Options
    I Had to console my daughter at the top of floyd road as she was getting a bit anxious.
  • Options
    I cant work out why the police had let the twenty or so of them up to the top of Floyd Road and then used horses to push them back down through the outgoing Charlton fans. Clearly the police had lost control somewhere. There was a similar strange police control method for the QPR game which caused a bottleneck at the top of Floyd Road.

Perhaps there is a new commander or something. needs a review by the club.

Would there have been concerns for the many young children there if the police had kept the cardiff boys in the ground until the home fans had gone?
  • Options
    even better at london bridge where they held them back on the platform so they were in the way when the next train pulled in full of charlton fans getting off...by the time we all moved forward and up the stairs the cardiff fans were lost in the middle of us...
  • Options
    I would fully have expected them to have been kept behind for 15 minutes at least after kick off in the same way I fully expected to be kept behind at Selhurst earlier this season. Would surely have given the people with kids time to get away before they all came out?
  • Options
    i watch about 20 charlton games and about 15 cardiff games ( i live 400 yards from ninian pk) and the police treat them like animals so thay act like animals, i had my charlton shirt on and going back with 150 of them on the 7.45 from paddington could have been a bit dodgy, but it was fine yes they were a little rowdy but most were pissed off with the result and the way the police dealt with it. as some of you have said they could have kept them in the ground for 30 minutes after the game. i went to the club shop to bide some time and didnt see any trouble. all teams have an element of bad fans and cardiff do have more than most but i do beleive that its not as bad as people make out. from what im hearing it was only cardiff fans and the police and they certainly had no intention of causing trouble with cardiff fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    should have been charlton fans at the end of my last thread.