Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

is there a minimum age limit for players

i read a bit in one of the weekend papers that implied palace might hae broken a rule by playing that 15 year old kid...it said that their last manager (sht, i've forgotten his name already) had wanted to play him in a carling cup match but was told that the minimum age is 16...anybody know ?

Comments

• Options
    can't be true - Palace must have looked into it
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    True, but a minimum age rule if it does exist is not likely to be one that would have been looked up a lot, is it ?...most young players to get a first team run out are generally 16 (konch, walsh spring to mind for charlton)...
  • Options
    Birmingham wanted to play a 15 yr old in a PL game about a month or so back and couldn't as they were told he was too young. How Palace managed it I don't know.
  • Options
    I heard on the radio that, there is no age limit for the football league, however there is in the cup games.
  • Options
    uhmm, well I think Palace played this kid in the Cup so broke the rules. Points deduction maybe ?
  • Options
    How he he train whilst still ahving to go to school full time I wonder?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]uhmm, well I think Palace played this kid in the Cup so broke the rules. Points deduction maybe ?

what cup game Large? they lost to Bristol Rovers on pens in the 1st round of the Carling Cup and he never played then

His first appearance was 2 weeks ago mate -- --

grabbing as straws mate
  • Options
    Surely there are laws on the number of hours kids are allowed to work each week?

Having said that, a footballers weekly hours are probably likely to fall well under those of your average paper boy!