Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

big explosion!

2»

Comments

• Options
    "From our production office it's blackened the sky. There are a few sirens going off. It's blackened the sky. All you can see are the plumes of black smoke."

Does anyone else think the sky is black?
  • Options
    it was a little while ago over where i am.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Does anyone else think the sky is black?

I had trouble spotting it from Liverpool St area - I thought it was just a rain cloud!
  • Options
    Lots of panic in Lloyds this morning.
  • Options
    Fire at a warehouse in Homerton, no explusions, nothing too major, just a lot of smoke
  • Options
    Rumours of the Sydenham mob plotting up on the DLR this morning are uncomfirmed.....
  • Options
    Seems to be an empty warehouse close to, but not involving the Olympic site.
  • Options
    I blame Red Ken ...
  • Options
    It was AFKA's full English breakfast/nylon pants/cotton suit combo that started it. Boom!
  • Options
    BBC London saying disused warehouse that was due to come down in the next month or so anyway. On the Olympic site to be.

Must be near the old Hackney Dog track. Many happy hours spent there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    asbestos warning now
  • Options
    Maybe the owners were looking for double bubble - payment from the insurance and from the compulsory purchase?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Maybe the owners were looking for double bubble - payment from the insurance and from the compulsory purchase?
    would not surprise me in the slightest
  • Options
    i don't want to accuse or point fingers but:

"Currently 20 traveller families live at Waterden Crescent off Waterden Road. They are due to be moved as their site is in the Olympic Park."
  • Options
    Just got home from uni in commercial road. Saw it happen from the third floor, never seen smoke as thick as that. The speed it covered east london was astounding.