Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Saturday Anyone?

ScoSco
edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Sussed out the new look Oak on Saturday before the match and I think it is pretty good based on first impressions. Caught up with a few Lifers that I hadn't seen in a while and found them in fine form.

I then went on to watch my team post a comfortable 3 - 0 win. We looked solid in defence and eventually formed some ideas going forward leading to the first goal and followed up on it. Great stuff.

Anyone else enjoy the day?

Just thought I'd put up a positive thread!

Comments

• Options
    Could do with a bit more crumpet behind the bar though eh.

I got served by a Polish builder :)
  • Options
    Yeah was a good one....met up with a couple of Lifers for a quick pint before the game, enjoyed the match and a couple of swiftuns afterwards....great result, not much to complain about really is there?
  • Options
    The Oak was like a Charlton Life Who's Who before the game. Must of been about 70 i recognised who post on here.

Had a laugh and joke with people i wouldn't otherwise see, then went on to a comfortable victory. Not bad i suppose :-)
  • Options
    The Oak was excellent on Saturday
    Ketters was trying to wind up the South African bloke behind the bar...

Also had the pleasure of a quick chat with the legend that is Killer, whilst he was waiting for his pint. Top bloke.
  • Options
    Saturday was a good day. As has been said already, NOTHING to complain about there.

So, what have they done to the Oak then?
  • Options
    was a very good day despite my lift being 2 hours late and only having one pint pre match

My new seat was amazing and very pleased i moved and the game was pretty good as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]So, what have they done to the Oak then?

Ripped out the overhead glasses shelf, opened the former store room up as part of the main pub (by the old dartboard) and redecorated in a cream colour. Lot's of brown. I didn't get beyond the bar nearest the door, so couldn't give you a full description. Still hard work getting served, but it seems an improvement. Everyone seemed to stand where they always have done though! Rumours going round that 1905 is getting a dartboard medallion to ease some regulars back into it.