Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Vs Virgin etc

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Anyone with Sky at the moment who has been with Virgin or vice versa?

thinking of getting Sky HD or Virgin cable but not sure what to get. Sky seems the preferred option but they dont seem to be able to do much on their price!

Comments

• Options
    steer clear fom virgin... utter pants.

well if you like watching sky ports news, you dont get that with Virgin. But also their TV on demand never works and i've had to call them out about 5 times in the last few months. the system is always crashing. very frustrating.
  • Options
    we were with NTL and literally moved the week after it changed to virgin so cancelled it. the first week in our new place we got sky.

NTL/Virgin were terrible (we had the telephone and tv package) and although more expensive with Sky and without the phone thing (we dont really need one) its much better.

I don't spend 3 minutes everytime i try to change channel trying to force the buttons, and it hasn't stopped working yet and we haven't had any need to ring anyone. we spent ages on the phone to NTL a fair few times trying to get help as it was stuck, broken and didn't work.

I'd wait for sky to open up one of their deal things, as we got it cheaper I think for the first 6 months or something like that. if you're having sport they often do deals and stuff? it is costly, but definately worth it imo.
  • Options
    got to get Sports but we've got a super dooper TV with bells and whistles on it so i kind of want the Sky HD.

havent heard good things about Virgin's equipment so you guys have just confirmed it!

thanks
  • Options
    My Sky service is excellant my girlfriend's cable is a load of old rubbish set box keeps on freezing, remote control doesnt do what it should do. i really dont know why she doesnt go to sky ho hum.
  • Options
    Virgin for me.

Was with NTL, very smooth change over and have to say haven't had a moments trouble with it.

The V+ is excellent, so esay to record , delay TV, rewind etc.

Never had Sky (Never wanted it either) so can't compare, but V happy with Virgin.
  • Options
    Sky+ is absolutely brilliant.

Until your other half floods it with Corrie, East enders, x-factor and dancing rubbish :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sky+ is absolutely brilliant.

Until your other half floods it with Corrie, East enders, x-factor and dancing rubbish :-(

AND JEREMY FCUKING KYLE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    if you get Virgin's HD service you can't get the SkySports HD programmes. If you want HD then Sky is the only option really.
  • Options
    agree with the hd comments sky does this best so if that's what you want sky all the way, its still no perfect though.
  • Options
    Had nothing but problems with Sky and their *ahem* 'customer service'... Moving house next week and cancelling service and going for plain old freeview....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sky+ is absolutely brilliant.

You let her touch the controls? What kind of man are you.
  • Options
    I can thoroughly recommend Sky HD.

When you compare a HD signal and a bog standard signal on a HD tv, you'll never go back and you'll realise how poor the signal is that you've been watching for how ever many years. Watching football and cricket on SkySports HD literally takes your breath away. You feel as though you could reach out and touch the players.

Virgin do offer HD but only BBC HD. Useful if you want to watch the Top Gear polar special in HD but thats about it.

However, Virgin do some good things. Wouldnt dream of giving up my "unlimited" 20MB broadband through Virgin. Nothing can touch it at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite] Watching football and cricket on SkySports HD literally takes your breath away. You feel as though you could reach out and touch the players.

Hope Curb It's not reading that !!