Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Misfud/Coventry

Absolutely disgraceful challenge - definitely had to go.

I don't understand what the fuss is about concerning who made the decision to send him off - it was completely the right decision. Well played Phil Dowd.

Comments

• Options
    I have not seen it but on a different subject did you think it severely affected the outcome of the game? I thought West Brom would struggle without Phillips but 4-0 away from home is a top result and a bit of a worry....

Or, do you think Mifsud's sending off completely distorted the result?
  • Options
    the fact they didn't score til nearly the hour mark tells the story

they were shattered and west brom pulled them apart in the latter stages, especially teixiera who looks to be their reid in midfield
  • Options
    I guess Mifsud would have been the last bloke Coventry would have wanted sent off as well because he is also their main goal threat.

It looks obvious that Watford and WBA are going to be right up there come the end of the season and it will be critical to see how WBA do without Phillips although it is hard to judge that when they are playing against 10 men for 80 minutes.

WBA are home to Wolves at the weekend so we might get a better idea then about their goal threat without Phillips.
  • Options
    Agree shocking challenge, what I couldn't understand was that it came out of the blue and there really was no need for it...very strange.
  • Options
    Wee man syndrome, Teixtiera I don't think has been starting for West Brom although I could be wrong. I think we would play them off the park, their midfield seem very similar to ours but I think we have a bit more cretivity and guile to go wide and stretch their back four. Robinson would get shown up all day long by Sam or Thomas.
  • Options
    Ismail Miller this boy looks class so strong for one so young,would have loved us to have got him on loan.
  • Options
    Dunno why everyone was so outraged that the ref talked to the 4th official and the linos to come to the decision. surely thats the point of them wearing those headphone things and making the right decision based on facts rather than instinct? The fact the cov fans didn't boo in the 2nd half might have had something to do with the fact they probably saw the elbow replay at half time?

I thought cov did well to hold out for as long as they did, and I think 4-0 was flattering west brom a bit towards the end. 2 goals in 2 mins and then a couple of late ones. it was a collapse. the 1st half, even with 10 men coventry were the better team. would have been hard to see who would have won it had it been 11 a side for the whole game I reckon.
  • Options
    The argument is that neither the Ref or the Lino saw it and it was only given by the 4th Official after he saw it on the replay, which isn't allowed under league rules.