Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much do you end up spending on a match day.

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Travel to and from the ground,food and drinks,programme,and that all important must have..Beer and maybe a take away after?

Comments

• Options
    Don't buy food and drink, don't buy a programme, don't buy beer, don't buy a take-away.
    Should give my brother some petrol money but .....er.....we never do.
    I pay my Mum for the ticket though.
    Sorry to disappoint you.
    I guess that if you did all the above, you could easily spend over 50 quid plus the price of a ticket.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    average home game is cheap - just oyster travel, 4 single journeys (or 25min drive) so under a fiver, then a few beers and a pie, £15 or so at most - but no pub if i'm driving!, don't buy programmes home or away, if you look at what the £3 adds up to all across the season (especially when we get the same double page, poorly informed spread in evey away programme) you'd feel sick as a parrot - probably £15ish plus s/t obviously if i go on the train or just petrol otherwise

away is literally endless in terms of possible expense, Palace this season was ridiculous, but worth every single penny
  • Options
    Not disappointed jimmymelrose just curious, haven't bought a programme for years as i've got a loft full.
    Normally walk to the ground, good exercise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Not disappointed jimmymelrose just curious, haven't bought a programme for years as i've got a loft full.
    Normally walk to the ground, good exercise.

I think I'm very unusual for a 35 year old bloke though. In many ways, lol!
  • Options
    I take my son aged 8. If I can avoid the shop...:-) that usually saves me a fair amount. Travelling from Norwich its a 240 mile round trip so cost me about £40 quid in fuel. (Train costs £35 quid plus £6 for parking). I normally do a packed lunch for both of us which costs a fiver or so. I get a programme £3. Sometimes we grab a hot dog in the ground - another £6 quid. Usually we'll get a takeaway going home so another £10 say. All told £60 plus.

Now if you talking about away - add another £30 quid or so average for fuel.

No wonder I'm poor.
  • Options
    Petrol £5-£6

Food & Drink £6-£10

Programme £3 (I'm too long in the tooth not to get one even though most of it is on the web one way or the other)

Betting £5-£10

In other words somewhere between £20-£30 typically. We have season tickets so tickets excluded.
  • Options
    Christ I have had a few mad days with spending money over the course of a day.

Travel, Cafe, Pub from 11, food in the ground and beers etc, having a bet,

Went through a stage of doing at least £50-60+ a home game
  • Options
    Home game,

Petrol - £5/6
    Food - £3/4
    Beer - £5/15
  • Options
    no travel expense, dont buy a programme, take it in turns to buy the round at half time which is normally 13 quid... then about 50 quid in the oak afterwards... :-)
  • Options
    Based on the Cardiff match:

2 x flights from Scotland - £200
    2 x Travelcards - £9.20
    Taking niece and her boyfriend out for lunch before the match - £60
    Programme - £3
    Drinks before and after in Crossbars - £15
    Taking step mum out for dinner to say thank you for having us to stay - £80
    Taxi back to the airport on Sun - £25
    Car parking at Glasgow airport - £28.

Why did you make me add it all up, Badger???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    However much I spend on booze afterwards.
  • Options
    no wonder you fecking moan about a lot about our defeats after spending that sort of dough --- **doffs cap**

me £6.70 for family travelcard £3 for hot dog for my boy about tenner on beer before game

not too bad.

going by car from carshalton is a nightmare so don't do it anymore.
  • Options
    not a lot whilst at the game, but a fair bit before and after.....more expensive if its an early k/o. when does the footballing day finish and turn into a night out? mine kinda blend into one!
    unless i count saturday where I was bought 2 diet cokes and only spent £2.70 on a steak slice and went home after the game!
  • Options
    only expense is beer - one at half-time and often a couple before so £3 - £10
  • Options
    If I go with the old fella it's £3 on a proggy and, say, a couple of quid on petrol. Life's too short to be queueing up for anything to eat/drink at half time.

If I'm going with the lads - out before and after - then it could be anything from £50-£200, depending on where we end up, whether we play spoof/killer, go for a Tina, go for a ruby, have to get an Africab home, etc, etc. Messy.
  • Options
    Petrol, programme and a bet, probably £20 in total.

Unless a mate has my spare ST and we go on the lash, then its probably £50-60.
  • Options
    £40-60
  • Options
    on a bog standard day 6quid on the train, burger outside ground + beer tenner, pint at half time, and a 20pound bet, and more often than not a couple of beers after...either to celebrate or to wait for the queue for the train to subside!ive actually disgusted myself in listing how i get through 50quid on a matchday without really doing anything special!
  • Options
    normal game around a fiver, if i'm not driving then same as everyone else !
  • Options
    Travel - Nothing travelcard covers it
    Beers - Before £10ish, after (if I go) probably the same
    Programme - Dont buy one
    Food - £3

£10-20
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saturday it was

train - nothing as have a rail st
    beer before £10
    half time beer £19
    beer after £10
    food £5
    winning bets -£20

half time beer was so high as it was my turn to get the round in.
  • Options
    £5.70 for travelcard.

£1.70 for chips and mushy peas for lunch.

Thats it...
  • Options
    Travel-Nothing Travelcard
    Brekkie in Cafe-£5
    Beer b4 game £12
    Programme £3
    Beer at half time £3 + 2 Goals
    Beer after game £15
    Grub on way home £10

So about £50
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Nuffink. Wife drives me and pays for the copious amounts of alcohol I drink then drives me home buying a takeaway en route. Sometimes wonder why i married her................
  • Options
    your wife needs to get a grip.

at least if only to get you to pay for the takeaway.
  • Options
    it must be her way of saying thanks for letting her actually attend the game. All male supporters should do what that Pervy Pete bloke did when leaving his mum sitting in the car, with the window slightly open.

*runs*
  • Options
    I will tell her you suggested that AFKA
  • Options
    £30- post & pre-match drinks.

or if an early-door leo followed by curry etc £60-80
  • Options
    train ticket £30
    match ticket £20
    beer £25
    food £10

£85 thats without the club shop
  • Options
    Petrol - £5 ish

Jug in the liberal and a lemonade before hand £10 but not every week.

Occasional portion of chips from chipy opp Cherry Orchard estate £1.20

Season ticket £474/23 = £20.65
    Joe's season tickets £99/23 = £4.30

£1 on loose sweets (flying saucers, chocalate mice, golden nuggets chewing gum in the bag) in the shop opp the bugle one way back to car for Joe IF we have won. No points = Grumpy dad = no sweets