Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wheres Paddy Mcarthy ?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
No show in reserves yesterday is he on the way in Jan.

Comments

• Options
    Oh yes that's a definite
  • Options
    lets hope so
  • Options
    looks like it. anyone know how Thatcher is doing? he should hopefully be back soon.
  • Options
    Yeah he looks like he is on the way out,

Ben should be back in around 2-3 weeks i think?
  • Options
    does he know The Corrs seeing as they have a song named after him on an album ?
  • Options
    do we care?
    Maybe I should put him on the underachieving thread......
  • Options
    I'd send Thatcher on his way as well.
    Would prefer Basey, Mills or Powell there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]I'd send Thatcher on his way as well.
    think that's harsh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]do we care?
    Maybe I should put him on the underachieving thread......

Not sure how much underachieving you can actually do in 4 games!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I can't remember what injury Thatcher has but perhaps he was carrying it at the start of the season. His performances last season show that he is easily first choice left back here. Basey is now second choice, unless Youga comes back in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is all a bit harsh on Mr McCarthy. He may not be a world class player but he does give 100% and had one of his best matches against Palarse (sp). Lest we forget.....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]This is all a bit harsh on Mr McCarthy. He may not be a world class player but he does give 100% and had one of his best matches against Palarse (sp). Lest we forget.....!

Well said, it's not as if he's even had a run in the side. Or seasons to show what he can can't do like Fortune??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]I'd send Thatcher on his way as well.

Or there's always Gibbs........Henry???!!!
  • Options
    I think Paddy has been pretty harshly treated. Ok he wasn't pulling up too many trees but he's still only played four games for us and in the last of those at Palace he was outstanding. Plus, his celebrations at the end showed it meant something to him. Save the dingbats for those like JFH who took oodles of cash and seriously under performed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think Paddy has been pretty harshly treated. Ok he wasn't pulling up too many trees but he's still only played four games for us and in the last of those at Palace he was outstanding. Plus, his celebrations at the end showed it meant something to him. Save the dingbats for those like JFH who took oodles of cash and seriously under performed.

Quite
  • Options
    The complete freeze out, plus the rumours floating around he is to be shipped out in Jan (either on loan or perm), suggests to me something may of happened behind the scenes we're not away of.

All speculation of course.
  • Options
    It is wierd that he has completely disappeared from view, even in the reserves - surely he would have got the nod ahead of Aswad Thomas last night next to Bougherra?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]It is wierd that he has completely disappeared from view, even in the reserves - surely he would have got the nod ahead of Aswad Thomas last night next to Bougherra?

They were giving the youngster his chance to "Shine".

Coat...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The complete freeze out, plus the rumours floating around he is to be shipped out in Jan (either on loan or perm), suggests to me something may of happened behind the scenes we're not away of.

All speculation of course.

I seem to remember Pards saying something like "there are some who are very unhappy they aren't in the team" round about the time Paddy was dropped. I suspect he's given it some large earache, hence the Siberian exile. I don't think he was going to pull up trees but he wasn't the worse player I've seen pulling on the red and white.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco

They were giving the youngster his chance to "Shine".

Coat...[/cite]

Pards has told him once he gets a foot in the team, 'Don't turn around'