Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "Bloke Behind Me" Thread

WSSWSS
edited November 2007 in General Charlton
As me and Weegie have touched upon, everybody seems to have a "bloke behind them" who is usually outspoken...

"The bloke behind me" at the QPR game was moaning that Pards should be sacked and that this was the worst set of players that he has ever seen.

Had a bit of a go at him with the bloke who sits around me and he said "come back in 10 games and you'll see".

After 2 away wins he was conspicuous by his absence on Saturday. 3 wins, no goals conceded...what a plum.

Comments

• Options
    The Bloke Behind Me started at the beginning of last season with his small boy. At first his outcrys were of the timid nature, 'bloody hell' and 'rubbish', obviously wantying to set the right example to his boy.

As the season progressed, his language deteriorated to such an extent, that the little boy, who previously wouldn't say boo to a goose, is now prone to screaming obsenities such as 'ref you fcuking w**ker'. Quite amusing to see how people get more into it.

This year i'm largely laughing at a mate who sits near NorthStandSteve single handed trying to start every song in the songbook, and getting zero back up !
  • Options
    Behind me is a metal wall, so no moaning from there.

However, the 3 people to my left.... jeez.... firstly, the old guy NEVER stops moaning, he will moan about anything and everything. He comes with two people in their 30's at a guess, I'm not quite sure if they are in a relationship, or brother and sister, they look far too much alike to not be related but then touch each other in ways only siblings from texas should.

The three of them are an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    we have a bloke in front of us.

He takes to shouting out "showboating's sh*t" whenever JT gets the ball.

In the 2nd half mate I sit next to shouts out exactly the same in jest, just as JT skins a bloke, does a backheel, a few step overs, and gets a great cross in. he had the right hump.

would describe him but just in case he posts on here i won't!
  • Options
    The bloke behind me at The QPR game booed Izale McLeod when he came on as a substitute. Not happy with that he then made his two sons (probably about 9 & 11) join in the booeing. When someone calmly pointed out to him that it may not help McLeod's confidence to be booed before he had even kicked a ball, the intelligent gentleman replied with "f"(# 0ff" - nice
  • Options
    geezer behind me is the worst - got the hump on saturday when Big Chris was subbed because he "have no one to moan at" --
  • Options
    The bloke in front of me is handsome, intelligent and and a thoroughly decent human being.
  • Options
    God knows who is behind Me Ketman and Carlsberg, they are made to stand though and I don't think they are season ticket holders. Some wanky streaks of cabbage in the J block bit who are some of the first/worst to barrack the team who get on my nerves
  • Options
    Nobody would want to sit near me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Nobody would want to sit near me
    you are the moany bloke behind the press
  • Options
    I am the bloke behind me...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you listen closely to BBC Asian Network that's me telling everyone to eff off and Pardew must go.
  • Options
    The bloke in front of me is an idependent travel agent and keeps asking me if I know anyone who wants him to arrange their next holiday.
  • Options
    As a resident of the Upper North I thought it was sold out to ST Holders.Behind and infront of me is totally different every week.
  • Options
    This year i'm largely laughing at a mate who sits near NorthStandSteve single handed trying to start every song in the songbook, and getting zero back up ![/quote]

I know who you mean actually it's quite good him being there it's starting me singing a lot more especially my Denis song.
  • Options
    Bloke behind me I call 'Mr Switch It'. Every time we get the ball on the wing he yells "switch it, switch it, switch it"

Me, my uncle and our little lot are probably the loudest people in the East Stand fact.
  • Options
    I have a habit of shouting things twice, a la Fred Elliot

"Reidy's on, Reidy's on"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]This year i'm largely laughing at a mate who sits near NorthStandSteve single handed trying to start every song in the songbook, and getting zero back up !

He should try using both hands then a least people could clap along with him...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]This year i'm largely laughing at a mate who sits near NorthStandSteve single handed trying to start every song in the songbook, and getting zero back up !

He should try using both hands then a least people could clap along with him...

stop moaning ;-)
  • Options
    I know of one East Stand Patron who shouts this for 90 minutes (even when he's not playing. . . . )

Ambrose!

*pause*

W*nker!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]stop moaning ;-)

Did I say "decent human being" ? I meant drunk ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine being the bloke behind Brian Cole.

You'd really have something to moan about then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]stop moaning ;-)

Did I say "decent human being" ? I meant drunk ;0)

lol.
    that'll teach me.

*goes to blackboard to write "i must read all the posts before posting myself" 100 times.
  • Options
    Am I Curb Its bloke behind her ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone sit near the 'clappy family', who sit near the front of the end of the East Stand nearest the Covered End ?
  • Options
    well you may be about 5 rows behind me but we can hear most of what you say....
    noisy fecker. but most amusing...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Am I Curb Its bloke behind her ;)

I can hear you getting riled from where I sit!

In fact, on Saturday midway through the 1st half i heard this outburst from your direction which I couldn't make out but it ended with the word "tw*t" which made me laugh.
  • Options
    I have John the Rat next to me apart from the stairs separating the H/J blocks & I have Carter & Carlsberg to my other side, I never worry about who is behind me as I would not hear them as we are always singing (well most of the time anyway).
  • Options
    Barts why didn't you join in my fanfare for Izale on Saturday?
  • Options
    bloke behind me, well two behind me, comes all the way from Bath for every Home game. When he moans or berates a player I think that he's travelled all that way so he has a right to moan. Recently taken up shouting to ZZ 'C'mon me old China'. Funny first time but wearing thin now !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Am I Curb Its bloke behind her ;)[/quote]

I can hear you getting riled from where I sit!

In fact, on Saturday midway through the 1st half i heard this outburst from your direction which I couldn't make out but it ended with the word "tw*t" which made me laugh.[/quote]

It must have been to Stephen Thompson then ....