Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Ticking over"?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
From today's email bulletin

"Charlton kept their Premiership scoreboard ticking over on Saturday tea-time with a battling point at St James' Park."

What are these people on? If they mean "ticking over" in terms of an elderly relative who's in hospital on a life support machine but nobody really expects to pull through then fine, but come on - who are they trying to kid here with this rubbish?

Yeah it was a good point, but the spin they've put on it even makes it sound like we were unlucky not to win. "And but for a little bit more composure from top scorer Darren Bent they may have lifted themselves off the foot of the table." Indeed!!!

Comments

• i suppose their job means they have to attempt to put the positive angle on every situation.

I can't hear the phrase 'ticking over' without thinking a mini cab driver though..
  • Maybe - but I don't. That Bulletin has always been bordering on dog bob. I can't wait for the latest EuroFootsie league update!