Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

usb turntable

someone on here a few months ago was on about getting a usb turntable.
one of these are going on my xmas list so any feedback (from anybody that may have one) on which to get would be appreciated.
i don't know how complicated they are (i'm a 'puter know nothing), i just wanna turn my vinyl into mp3 format.

Comments

• Options
    I think that was me and i still haven't got one yet so like PBS- if you have let "us" know.
  • Options
    Got one when we were back in the UK. Not got further than playing a load of my old Rockabilly vinyl classics for the first time in years on it yet, just excited to have a turntable again to be honest. But computer mad Pa-in-Law tried it out before we arrived to collect it (got it off e-bay) and he thought it was pretty good for eighty five quid.
  • Options
    Thinking of getting one soon - I have so much vinyl that I never listen to anymore, but want a good quality one.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ion-ION-ITTUSB-05-USB-Plattenspieler/dp/B000MUDI9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263733398&sr=8-1

Got this one, brilliant bit of kit, simple to set up and use, great software that allows you to upload your vinyls to computer and then by somekind of magic knows where the songs stop and start, and what they are called, the artist and the album!

Also links straight to your iTunes and the songs sound as though they have come off of a CD!

Couldn't recommend it any more!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ion-ION-ITTUSB-05-USB-Plattenspieler/dp/B000MUDI9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263733398&sr=8-1

Got this one, brilliant bit of kit, simple to set up and use, great software that allows you to upload your vinyls to computer and then by somekind of magic knows where the songs stop and start, and what they are called, the artist and the album!

Also links straight to your iTunes and the songs sound as though they have come off of a CD!

Couldn't recommend it any more!

Cheers JollyRobin ... I actually looked at that one and was impressed.
  • Options
    I've been doing this last week, had a few soul/gospel LPs and a very rare 45 single from 1962 that I had bought in the past year from America that I wanted to convert. I just used a Bush Mini Turntable (MTT1) (cost about £15 secondhand) to the Audio input on my soundcard. Worked great. The best software for recording, cleaning, entering the track names and splitting each track is Acoustica Spin It Again - Does a great job and very easy to use with its step by step process.