Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know the words to the Italian National Anthem

want to get to know it before saturday - got my flag and shirt ready :-)))

Comments

• Options
    Just google it Arf. :-)
  • Options
    Will this do?

Fiore della Scozia,
    quando vedremo ancora il vostro simile,
    che ha combattuto e morto per,
    la vostra piccola punta della collina e levato in piedi contro lui,
    l'esercito del Edward fiero e trasmesso lui indietro a casa,
    per pensare ancora.

If you want the English translation, scroll down.

O Flower of Scotland,
    When will we see
    Yer like again,
    That fought and died for,
    Yer wee bit Hill and Glen,
    And stood against him,
    Proud Edward's Army,
    And sent him homeward,
    Tae think again.

Go on you know you want to. :-)
  • Options
    http://www.sfiac.org/Italian%20National%20Anthem.htm#Lyrics

even better
  • Options
    Nice one, KB!
    You're in for a disappointment, Ledge - Scotland are going to do it!! (Maybe!)
  • Options
    Nae chance

not a better team to go anywhere in world football and get a result than Italy. They'll do us English proud FORZA ITALIA
  • Options
    I hope they fall flat on there faces can't stand em, the only sticking point is i feel we will too.
  • Options
    I don't know the words exactly, but I'm sure there's something in there about trying not to lose your bottle and change sides halfway through whatever you're doing.

I think that's in the second verse though, so often gets overlooked - as history will testify!
  • Options
    i hope they win. I find it amusing when they have dodgy spells, but like the other home nations, i'm pleased when they actually do ok.

So what if a few of them don't like the English, that's their problem. In my eyes they're British, and have a team of triers, so good luck to them.

Don't really understand how you can cheer on Scottish and Welsh athletes at Olympics, yet want their football teams to fail miserably. Surely that just smacks of the same pettitness that we accuse them of with their hatred ?
  • Options
    Come on you Israeli's for Saturday!

Anyone know if it's on tv?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Come on you Israeli's for Saturday!

Anyone know if it's on tv?

6pm on SKY sports
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers!
  • Options
    C'mon Scotland!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i hope they win. I find it amusing when they have dodgy spells, but like the other home nations, i'm pleased when they actually do ok.

So what if a few of them don't like the English, that's their problem. In my eyes they're British, and have a team of triers, so good luck to them.

Don't really understand how you can cheer on Scottish and Welsh athletes at Olympics, yet want their football teams to fail miserably. Surely that just smacks of the same pettitness that we accuse them of with their hatred ?

A few of them Bart - are you having a laugh - Glasgow looked like Buenos Aires a couple of years ago.

Olympics and football is totally different and you know it, can't compare it.
  • Options
    I really hope Scotland do well, got Scottish grandparents so the England-Scotland hate thing is a bit lost on me, we're all British at the end of the day.Obviously first and foremost i want England to make it through, but cant see it happening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i hope they win. I find it amusing when they have dodgy spells, but like the other home nations, i'm pleased when they actually do ok.

Because they take great delight in every setback, draw or defeat that England suffer, which to me smacks of an inherent inferiority complex about the English.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Because they take great delight in every setback, draw or defeat that England suffer, which to me smacks of an inherent inferiority complex about the English.

Or, er, just a rivalry between neighbours. (Spiced up by a few hundred years of perceived injustice, admittedly.)
  • Options
    i still haven't forgiven the romans.