Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what are we charging away fans this season?

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
On the back of the Preston thread am i right in thinking we are charging all away fans £20 this season, and if so do we have too? Just seem a p*ss take that Palace can charge us £30 and we will charge them £20 in return? And most other clubs are charging us over £20 too. What is the offical rule? If we are cahrging £20 I would assume the rule is you can't cahrge away fans more than your most expensive home ticket!!?!?!

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    that is correct, though i hope in light of what some clubs have charged us, Charlton think very carefully on what they charge for the return games.

As we are discovering, there are lots of ways around things
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]that is correct, though i hope in light of what some clubs have charged us, Charlton think very carefully on what they charge for the return games.

I would disagree strongly with this approach. If the club feels this pricing is the correct level then they should stick to it. Childish tit for tat charging is not something I would like to see
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]that is correct, though i hope in light of what some clubs have charged us, Charlton think very carefully on what they charge for the return games.

The only people that lose out in these petty point scoring games are real fans, imo that's wrong.
  • Options
    my argument is the only time clubs consider change, is when they get grief from their own fans.

If they're fans feel they are being unfairly treated, and it stems from something their own club did, i know where they would voice their concerns.
  • Options
    what are we charging away fans this season? not enough by the looks of it! i don't think i've paid £20 or less to get in anywhere this season apart from pre-season and up at Leeds to watch Orient
  • Options
    Any one remember the Notts Forrest incident?

Didn't we put the price up for their return visit?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Any one remember the Notts Forrest incident?

Didn't we put the price up for their return visit?

Yes, and the club ran a membership scheme allowing home fans who weren't ST holders to buy their tickets cheaply. I seem to remember Forest were charging something ridiculous - around £25/30 for the game, and that was ten seasons ago.

I'm against doing anything tit fot tat, the only people who'll lose out are the genuine fans, putting prices up for the home match vs PNE would only hurt those travelling from the North West, and it's hardly their fault that their club has acted this way. Better that the club puts in an official complaint and/or pushes for a ruling that the FL has to be notified a month in advance allowing travelling fans who may consider buying going to not bother as a form of protest.