Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

shopping abroad

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
(can't bring myself to type the 'C' word)

The missus was in Canada recently. With the strong pound she got a lot of bargains, however they have just recently stopped the tax rebate system so beware if you were intending to get some bargains, not sure if this applies to the US too or not.

Comments

• Options
    The pound to the Canadian dollar is the weakest it's been in many years.
  • Options
    my aunt lives in BC said the same.
  • Options
    Going to Florida on Boxing day for 11 nights... with the $2 for £1 exchange rate, I'm looking forward to some proper cheap stuff
  • Options
    Just had a couple of pairs of Levis brought back from Chicago $29.00 a pair, worked out at £13.95 per pair.....the Nintendo Wii Console was £100....not that I bought one in the end, had to pay top dollar on Ebay.....apparently (since I got mine) Blockbuster at Tonbridge are selling them for £160 if anyone is still looking.
  • Options
    A friend of mine picked up a load of Aveda products for me in new york - which if i had bought here would have cost 130 quid but only 62. ruddy marvellous.

handy having a new york address so i can order on line - have it delivered to our new york office who automatically send it on to london for me.
  • Options
    I am assuming that you all declared these goods on arrival in th UK and paid any VAT and duties that were due, right?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No point in buying things here in Canada if you can pop over to the US - most things are at least 25% cheaper over on the dark side now, following the Canadian dollar becoming stronger than the US peso.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Going to Florida on Boxing day for 11 nights... with the $2 for £1 exchange rate, I'm looking forward to some proper cheap stuff

Thats 11 nights in Hooters then....