Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March - An explanation.......

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
1. If my message seriously offended anyone I apologise, but get a grip of yourself.
2. Im offended that just because a group of people want to march under the name of their Country and in support of the British troops that it's labelled racist - And you wonder why people march!!
3. AFKA - I respect your decision but I was under the impression that Non-Sport related meant, anything un-sport related, although I can see why you may be cautious due to the possible politics angle. Thanyou for saying I only had honest intentions, which is true.
4. The best way to "spread the word" in this day and age is internet forums. Being a member of this one (and someone who has viewed the site since it was set up), and netaddicks I thought it would be an ideal way to let people know about this march.
5. The last march saw many Charlton on it, woman, children and people from different ethnic backgrounds so people can shove the racist, national front, BNP accusations up there arse - SIDEWAYS!! Your so narrow minded it's unbelivable.
6. If you don't agree with a post, fair enough but why throw your toys out the pram. just don't reply!
7. You may not feel your culture is being eroded but I and others do. You may look back i 5, 10 or 20 years, all smug and be proved right, or you might just look back and think "that dick on Charlton life all those years ago, he had a point didn't he". Time will tell, I have my views, you have yours. im not trying to enforce mine on anyone else
8. I'll see some of you there - you know who you are!
9. Up the Addicks!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah, and to the person who asked why I had not come back and replied to replys on the original message, some of us go to work and actually have to work!!!
  • Options
    Glad your not throwing your toys out the pram by telling people to shove it and calling them narrow minded and that your not trying to enforce your views that the country is going to the dogs on anyone else. Just as well that your not offended easily : - )

Glad also to hear it's not a Facist, NF, BNP march as well cos they got run off the streets in the 30s, in the 50s, in the 70s and will be again whenever they show their heads. But that's nothing to do with this march so no need to worry.

I'm English and proud of my country's traditions of liberal democracy, free speech and racial, political and religous tolerance and integration and of rejecting extremist politics of both the left and right. Long may it continue.

Sorry AFKA.
  • Options
    Why do you support Cetic then?..;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Why do you support Cetic then?..;-)

True, there not an ENGLISH club but neither are that other lot. : - )

Real answer is nine in a row, one star on the shirt and to annoy my dad and brothers. : - )
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Perhaps you can answer my post on the original thread namely:-

can let us all know how our identity is being eroded, and why you think that being English has become a dirty word?
  • Options
    get a grip yourself - you're the one slagging off this country!Anyway what is the word you are spreading?
    I'd be interested to know.
  • Options
    I wasn't offended. I was just pointing out that this isn't the place for racist propaganda. You haven't elaborated on why this country is going to the dogs. You've gone off on a sidewards rant, spouting off pretty much the same views as the BNP.

At no point in your original post did you mention the Armed Forces either. I have mates in the Army and RAF, and everytime they go to foreign land I pray for their safe return. But don't use my friends to try to defend and disguise your racist and narrow minded idealogy.

If the mods sink your post, don't throw your toys out the pram and start a new one, trying to shout down those that oppose you using a football (charlton!) messageboard to spout off 1930's Germany, far right political idea's. If, in answer to point 7, you're not trying to enforce your viewpoints, then why start a second discussion promoting this rally?

The thing that gets me most, and I would love to hear your views on it is this. You're encouraging people to be "Proud to be English" and to attend this march. What about people who emigrate from this country abroad? Should they no longer be proud to be English? In the same way that people who come to this country from abroad, should they no longer take pride in their own nationalities?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you're so proud of being English, why don't you throw a party, rather than skulk around the back streets of Westminster?

And don't say because "the PC brigade" won't let you, because you'll have lost the argument then.
  • Options
    Oh, and why talk about "British" troops, and than talk about the "English" flag?

Did you not learn geography at school? Or did Jon Gaunt in the Sun tell you it was all the foreigners' fault?

And don't give us this "up the Addicks" when you've posted the same on a Dagenham and Redbridge board.
  • Options
    "racist propaganda"?

Yet again I fail to see this. If you have inside knowledge then please share it with us Cunning Stunt. If you haven't then I really don't see what has been said here that is racist in anyway.

Call it stupid, misguided, outdated, misinformed, irrelevant - whatever. But "racist"?

SINK SINK SINK - wake up AFKA!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_It - if it smells like a dog, it probably is a dog.

A "march for our flag" in the back end of Westminster doesn't sound like much of a celebration of Englishness to me. It has all kinds of unpleasant connotations - and for "the organiser" to invoke the British armed forces for his two-bit skulk around side streets isn't worthy of the steam off their piss.
  • Options
    btw, google 'March for our flag' and look what comes up at the top
  • Options
    You might be right Inspector - I don't know. But I don't really understand all of the vitriol in this instance in relation to some pretty inoffensive posts. Maybe, just maybe, people are jumping to the wrong conclusions. Innocent until proven otherwise in my book - always will be.

By the way. I smell like a dog at the moment - on account of a night out with my new work colleagues. Unfortunately despite this fact I am still unable to lick my own balls - although I have tried!
    :o)
  • Options
    Top Google search on "march for our flag" at the moment is on a National Front site. It's that kind of language that rings alarm bells. Cunningstunt87 *might* be putting two and two together and making five, but, in my heart, I think he's probably right. Even if it's got no obvious links with extremists, you know they won't be far away.

I'm happy to drink IPA until I fall over to celebrate Englishness, but not if it involves people moaning about things being "threatened" and whatever and a load of people whinging and whining.

Anyway, shouldn't you be off to your kennel? ;-)
  • Options
    IPA Inspector, IPA???

I had you down as a Fuggles man myself.

(By the way, am still trying - but no good. Have resorted to mounting the cushion instead!)
  • Options
    Of course, IPA was really brewed for the sub-continent, so I'm definitely not invited to The Organiser's party!

Damn it, someone's going to have to sprinkle bromide in the dog bowl...
  • Options
    Why do we dance around subjects like this? For christ's sake, everyone on this board knows its a bloody BNP/NF/Nazi-whatever-the-hell-they're-calling-themselves-this-week march disguised as something a bit more flowery.

No-one gives a toss about it anymore - I'm as sick to death as the next man of not being able to be 'proud to be English' but, lets face it, what are we clinging to? Not much at the moment - I haven't had a single decent English interviewee in the past three years, the current generation of little turds doesn't exactly strike me as being the answer to our current cultural malaise, our politicians stink, any slight blip of success for any of our national sportsmen/women/teams is quickly buried in an avalanche of dross, the last truly great band this country produced was in about 1980, wibble wibble wibble...

Let them march - I couldn't give a monkeys either way. If you're going to let islamic fundamentalists march in the streets calling for the death of non-muslims I don't see how you can have the double standards necessary to deny a march like this has a right to take place, but lets call a spade a spade here eh? We're all grown up, and everyone knows what this is all about.
  • Options
    I don't like politics or racial undertones of any sort on what I see as a mates meeting ground as it can and will cause rows. However there was a thread on here earlier about the guy who was sent down for murdering Jill Dando and from what I can gather the opinion was people are innocent until proven guilty am I right?

I don't agree with the aggression shown to him either and if he is proved wrong and this march is nothing more than a show by any extremists then I'm sure he will eat his words, and if he doesn't he deserves what comes his way. Remember if we were all to take the view of 'if the cap fits' blah blah blah then that is even more facist and freedom of speech restricting than is healthy. Only my humble opinion of course.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Let them march - I couldn't give a monkeys either way. If you're going to let islamic fundamentalists march in the streets calling for the death of non-muslims I don't see how you can have the double standards necessary to deny a march like this has a right to take place, but lets call a spade a spade here eh? We're all grown up, and everyone knows what this is all about.

Agreed Leroy but the point is whether an advertisement for the march should be put on here when I'm sure a march in support of Al-Queda or anything similar would be removed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it is and I'm big enough and ugly enough to read between the lines with the best of them, fair enough and the guy deserves what comes his way. However Iwould not expect everyone to jump the gun quite as quick without knowing what they were ....... Why am I even bothering people will only get upset and argue. Anyway it has Twattenham fans behind it so steer well clear
  • Options
    Countries evolve over hundreds of years anyway. Who in all honesty can say they are of original English decent. People of all races, creeds and cultures have always migrated it's just a natural progression of life. I count myself as English but my surname is Roud which is apparently originally Flemish. If this evolution didn't happen, if the theorys are correct we would all still be living in Africa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Oh yeah, and to the person who asked why I had not come back and replied to replys on the original message, some of us go to work and actually have to work!!!

That would have been me, and you still haven't told us who the organising committee are etc. A simple link will suffice...

Further when you have hardly ever posted here, an aggressive up-yours tone is hardly going to win you friends and tends to fuel, rather than allay the suggestion that perhaps there are other more sinister motives behind it?

Googling this story I see that a NF forum comes out as the first hit and on the first post I read:

"i know through speakin to various people on the internet that many many youth from across the country will be attendin this, so what better place to get new members..."

Another says:
    "Are some of the Bulldogs still planning to attend? As I would still like to meet some of the younger NF lads even if this isn't the time to push the politics through."

So it would seem that some from the far right with questionable motives are getting involved, or planning to use this march for their own ends.

On to your point about the erosion of English culture: "You may not feel your culture is being eroded but I and others do. You may look back i 5, 10 or 20 years, all smug and be proved right, or you might just look back and think "that dick on Charlton life all those years ago, he had a point didn't he". Time will tell, I have my views, you have yours. im not trying to enforce mine on anyone else"

How so? This looks like rhetoric, and cheap knee-jerk reaction type rhetoric at that, can you add anything more substantive to the erosion of English culture? Can you give some examples? What is your definition of "Englishness"? Is it the intemperate language you use, and the poor grammar accompanying it? Or your inability to frame an argument, or conduct a debate? If you could just explain what you mean by "our culture being eroded" and do so more substantively then you may just get more of a sympathetic hearing, and if you have time to post here in order to tell us about the march, and even to traipse around London then you have the time to fill in these gaps, otherwise some posters here might just be right in thinking that you have other deeper, and perhaps racially backed motives for supporting this march.

The floor is yours...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The counter argument to the marchers

Good read
  • Options
    It makes me laugh...

No doubt after a hard days marching wearing their English clothes (made in India, Pakistan, Taiwan and China). The marchers will settle down and raise a pint to the St Georges flag with a beer (from Italy, Spain, France, Belgium) while disucussing this mornings news in English papers (owned by Auistralians and Americans). They'll call their mates on the English mobile (made in Sweden whose network is owned by the French), Jump in their English car (made by Germans) and off to the restaurant for a nice English meal (cooked by Indian, Chinese, Bangladeshi, Thai, Polish Chefs)

We live in a world of spin and statistics manipulation. While newspapers might tell us the world is going to the dogs to sell more papers or politcial parties picking on statistical fear for their own gain. The actual fact of the matter is that Teenage crime is down 45% in the past 10 years, child death figures are halved in the past 10 years. Funnily we're not a bunch of gun weilding headcases as firearms offences are down 13% from last year. Violent crime in general is down! Immigration is at a lower level than 2004, migrant workers have brought in nearly £40billion to the British Economy since 1997... i'm just wondering where exactly we English have a problem?!

Fact of the Matter is the English 'culture' has and always will be influenced by people coming into the country, we're an island for god sake. It's certainly not being erroded but moving like an organic beast as ALL cultures do. I for one think it's great and while I love a moan, i'm proud to be English, and i shall quietly express my Englishness by shopping for tiles for the bathroom!
  • Options
    Here, here T. Well said that man.

PS I hope they are English tiles ; - )
  • Options
    Good call T.
  • Options
    Nice post, T.

As for the March, yeah, it's probably racist, this probably isn't the best place to advertise it but surely the best response would have been to have just not responded? The thread would have died without a trace. Nothing would have sent a clearer message than that.
  • Options
    lol good post by T
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Nice post, T.

As for the March, yeah, it's probably racist, this probably isn't the best place to advertise it but surely the best response would have been to have just not responded? The thread would have died without a trace. Nothing would have sent a clearer message than that.

Perhaps but I think that rather than banning or ignoring racists it is better to dismantle their very weak arguements as T and others have.