Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Carson

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Good to hear he's getting his England senior debut tomorrow.

Shame it's a mickey mouse game but he deserves this. Good luck Scott.

Comments

• Options
    I read somewhere that he's going to sign for Villa in the transfer window for £10m. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Yeah quality keeper, should have been given his chance earlier i think.
  • Options
    Just shows how lucky we were to have him on loan last year. Such a shame that we were relegated because he'd probably have stayed this season. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I saw he was quoted as saying how different it is at Villa this year compared to Charlton last. At Charlton I had to make lots of saves in a game at Villa it might only be one he said. I don't know what he means....

Best of luck to the boy though. A top man in every way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Good to hear he's getting his England senior debut tomorrow.

Shame it's a mickey mouse game but he deserves this. Good luck Scott.

Well said medders - Hope he has a good game.
  • Options
    Definitely deserved a chance sooner. Hope he does well and keeps that clown Robinson out of the team.
  • Options
    £10m ?
    giraffe surely?!!!
  • Options
    £10 million?????? I know he was good but bloody hell!! Personally couldn't give a rats arse about him now. Top keeper for us and apparently a top bloke but he ain't our player and never was our player, from having seen him for all of last season though I believe him to be the best English keeper available.
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad

Great Keeper
  • Options
    Good Keeper, last season was probably more the making of him than this, just playing for a higher profile side has made him make the next step up a bit quicker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the few players last season that actually gave a toss, despite being a loanee. Turned up to the POTY do as well despite knowing he was going back. For me, the best keeper in the prem & better than Reina. Could have been a Charlton legend but....Good luck Scott.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]One of the few players last season that actually gave a toss, despite being a loanee. Turned up to the POTY do as well despite knowing he was going back. For me, the best keeper in the prem & better than Reina. Could have been a Charlton legend but....Good luck Scott.
    Not sure about giving a toss, he never showed much emotion - he just actually done his job and done it well.

He always knew he was never going to stay in my opinion but a great player and was happy to have him for a season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not sure about giving a toss, he never showed much emotion - he just actually done his job and done it well.

He always knew he was never going to stay in my opinion but a great player and was happy to have him for a season.

I think it's more the case that his body language didn't suggest he didn't give a toss and he always gave the fans respect which for a loan player is pretty good.
  • Options
    Mate, CFW has hit the nail on the head. He was a fairly emotionless geezer that probably wouldn't show his cum face even if he was being pulled off by Jenna jameson. A good player & a good man. Be lucky Scott.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite] A good player & a good man. Be lucky Scott.
    agreed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]probably wouldn't show his cum face even if he was being pulled off by Jenna jameson

Pardon?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]probably wouldn't show his cum face even if he was being pulled off by Jenna jameson

Pardon?

LMFAO!!!!
  • Options
    lol, ladies present stop shooting shouting
  • Options
    Apologies, unemotional.
  • Options
    A clean sheet not that he had a lot to do mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No clean sheets if he was being pulled off by Jenna Jameson.
    Sorry! :o)
  • Options
    I was always surprised that Arsenal and England ever managed to keep clean sheets with Seaman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]No clean sheets if he was being pulled off by Jenna Jameson.
    Sorry! :o)

Whats Jenna Jameston? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]I was always surprised that Arsenal and England ever managed to keep clean sheets with Seaman.

Seamen Stains - so how come he managed clean sheets for Arsenal & England?
    Anyone remember what was the kids programme called with Seaman Stains?
  • Options
    Captain Pugwash - except it wasn't of course, that was just a urban legend.
    Although the way he said "Master Mate" was really quite unfortunate.
  • Options
    Thanks, Ali - it's all a blurred memory now.

But the insinuations in Captain Pugwash were surely deliberate - it might have all gone over the little kiddies heads but it gave us older ones a good laugh.
  • Options
    Saw some of the England v Austria game and the commentary team (rightly) spoke highly of Carson. They also gave a potted history of his career and airbrushed away his season with us completely! They waxed lyrical about Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa though!

Did I dream that Scott Carson played the whole of season 2006/7 on loan at Charlton?
  • Options
    Charlton? Who's that?
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Hope he had has a stormer and nails down the No. 1 instead of that clown Robinson.