Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

one cap (not such a) wonder?

i've been wracking my brain.
i remember losing away at man city, 5-0 or 5-1 in the mid 80's. it may have been the last game of the season.
i think we gave a young keeper his first and only game.
lee ?????? springs to mind but then i keep thinking of lee harrison (who it wasn't).

anyone????

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Lee Harmsworth thought it was a year or two later though?

c1984 at a guess
  • Options
    i'm sure this game was featured on a highlights programme as i remember having it on a tape, and i'm suer it was George Shipley who got the goal.

The keepers name (and this game) was mentioned a couple of weeks ago on here.
  • Options
    Harrison?
  • Options
    no not Harrison he's still playing now.

It was Lee Harmsworth - if i remember right Large Addick is related to him somehow or his wife
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Lee Harmsworth thought it was a year or two later though?

c1984 at a guess

thats the one.

i knew i could rely on the lencyclopeaedea
  • Options
    11 May 1985 Lost 5 - 1 lee Harmswoth. Lee scored for us in 87th minute and Jim Melrose scored for them. City had to win to be promoted and it was the biggest crowd (47,285) of the day.

Our last game before Heysel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]11 May 1985 Lost 5 - 1 lee Harmswoth. Lee scored for us in 87th minute and Jim Melrose scored for them. City had to win to be promoted and it was the biggest crowd (47,285) of the day.

Our last game before Heysel.
    11 May 1985 was also the day of that appalling fire at Bradford FC. Our game was featured on MOTD that night & also focussed on the Kimble twins who both played for us in that game.
  • Options
    The highlights of the game against Citeh can be found on YouTube