Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

cardiff-terracing

with the preston discount thread being topical at the moment, cardiffs pricing seems to have gone unnoticed.
adult seat = £23 adult terrace = £22
oap/kid seat = £15 oap/kid terrace = £15

is the 'novelty' factor of the terrace making them keep the prices like that?
wasn't terrace tickets about 70% of the price of seats years ago.

also worth noting that cardiffs home game with ipswich has been priced as a promotion.
£10 adults, £1 concessions anywhere in the ground, not quite sure if ipswich fans are included but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Comments

• Options
    Cardiff charging Ipswich full whack. Its all wrong.
  • Options
    Just checked the Ipswich web site and it seems not, same prices as ours
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Cardiff charging Ipswich full whack. Its all wrong.

If they included the away fans what the hell difference would it make to the Home club. If evey Club did these promotions sometime during the season then somewhere along the line each Club's away support would benefit from a cheap day out. I really don't see for the small sums of money involved why these Clubs are doing it.

The ONLY reason I can see them not extending it is because the additional away fans coming might cause an increase in policing costs thus causing them a greater loss than they might have had even with more fans at a lesser cost. That clear ?
  • Options
    seems that cardiff promotion against ipswich includes away fans as they are offering refunds on tickets already bought.
  • Options
    Surprised that terracing is allowed in the Championship to be honest. (Personally, I'm in favour of safe standing being re-introduced but if it's not allowed in the Prem, why in the Championship?)
  • Options
    it's permitted on a temporary basis

as it's allowed in Leagues 1 and 2 they can't just block a promoted club playing in the Championship as they have a terrace.

i think they give them 2/3 years from promotion to either modify their ground or make firm plans to relocate.

cardiff have a new ground next season, colchester the season after and that would leave just blackpool (who only came up last season) who have in-use terracing
  • Options
    I see, cheers ISaw, that would make sense.