Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bagel anyone ?

I'm gonna sit down this afternoon and have some pasta for lunch and follow that with a bagel for tea

come on italy!

come on israel!

Comments

• Options
    no bagels for me. don't want to get any crumbs on my tzitzit and skull cap.
  • Options
    just literally 5 mins ago had smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for lunch. Didn't even think of the association, but i've done my bit !
  • Options
    Is Cauliflower Cheese Kosher?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Is Cauliflower Cheese Kosher?

AS long as you don't mix meat with milk products you will be OK.

Pasta and Bagels. Two of my fav foods. Nothing to do with the football. Just love them.

AFKA, I see the diet is going well : - )
  • Options
    What happens if you mix meat with milk products?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]What happens if you mix meat with milk products?

Nothing really but I would say that as I'm an atheist and love a bacon sarnie but kosher rules forbid the mxing of the two as well as shell fish and any meat from an animal who doesn't have split hooves so no pork but beef is alright.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]What happens if you mix meat with milk products?

nothing.

The torah says don't do it I think - apparently you should not cook a goat in it's own milk. Religious twaddle.

Each to there own though I suppose.
  • Options
    i'd eat a life time supply now! come on Israel!

GET IN!
  • Options
    well if we lose on wednesday then Mclaren has to go......
  • Options
    That's it, Kosher food for the next week for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YES! Nice one Israel!

Not sure I can do Kosher here but will give it a try! Even though it is a load of religious twaddle as vancouveraddick so rightly put it. And the split hooves thing is REALLY weird.

Incidentally can you kill two goats and cook them in each others' milk?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]YES! Nice one Israel!

Not sure I can do Kosher here but will give it a try! Even though it is a load of religious twaddle as vancouveraddick so rightly put it. And the split hooves thing is REALLY weird.

Incidentally can you kill two goats and cook them in each others' milk?

Who knows? Two minutes you've been Jewish and already you're arguing about the rules. : - )

I guess these rules made sense when the Isrealites were living in the desert 5000 years ago. Only eat meat from animals you have killed yourself and don't eat what are seen a dirty animals such as pigs. Rastafarians follow very similar rules hence the uncut hair and no pork.

Out of interest is there a Jewish community in the Czech republic now? Guess it would have been devastated by the Nazis but wonder if anyone returned after the war.
  • Options
    Out of interest is there a Jewish community in the Czech republic now? Guess it would have been devastated by the Nazis but wonder if anyone returned after the war.

There is a decent sized Jewish quarter in Prague, the Nazis planned to preserve it post WWII as a lasting reminder of the sort of conditions that Jews lived in, that is after they had exterminated them all.
  • Options
    Been to the Jewish Cemetry in Prague, very moving. They apparently preserved the jewish quarter in Prague as some sort of living museum, to show people how jews onced lived before they "died" out. To think in this day and age that racism should even be an an issue after that sick shit!!
  • Options
    As BFR and Harry have pointed out, there is a Jewish quarter in Prague, and I've visited the Jewish Cemetery too. Not sure what the current Jewish population is; I know a couple of jews but they are yanks who have come over in the last couple of years.

What's really sick was last weekend a few thousand neo-Nazis came over from Germany and were joined by some Czech neo-Nazis to march through the Jewish quarter on the anniversary of the day the Nazis went in a took everyone off to the concentration camps. There were was a massive riot with loads of anti-Nazi marchers attacking the neo-Nazis and the police waded in with tear gas etc.