Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good luck to Big Chris tonight

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Show 'em what your made of

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Hear hear Ledge.

Go on Big man!
  • Options
    Sod that, just don't get injured !!!
  • Options
    that as well AFKA but he deserves some recognition
  • Options
    After seeing him hobble off after the Cardiff game with ice packs strapped to both legs and hearing he'd been playing with a load of injuries proir to that i'm actually quite disappointed Big Chris hasn't spent the two weeks resting back to full fitness!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Sod that, just don't get injured !!!

Actually AFKA, that was what i wanted to say but i thought i'd be nice..
  • Options
    Scotland take on the Republic of Ireland at Airdrie on Tuesday night as they begin picking up the pieces following Saturday's Euro 2008 heartache against Italy, and Iwelumo, who has scored in his last three games, is in line for his first taste of international action.

"Alan Pardew has been pleased with him, and tells me the lad is a passionate Scot," said McLeish.

"He's a strong lad, and has been scoring goals in England for a few years now, and it was difficult to ignore him.

"He started out at St Mirren a few years ago and has matured well."
  • Options
    So now you're supporting Scotland, Ledge? ;-)
  • Options
    can't find the result anywhere. Anyone know how he got on ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]can't find the result anywhere. Anyone know how he got on ?
    The game is tonight...
  • Options
    that will be why then........ :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So now you're supporting Scotland, Ledge? ;-)

No weegie i am supporting a charlton player - not anywhere in my post did i say come on scotland did i.
  • Options
    Big Chris is starting tonight
  • Options
    It's 0-0 at half-time, Big Chris looking good, according to someone I know who's up there and has too much time and a flashy phone on their hands.
  • Options
    I have been listening to radio Scotland since the start of the second half, heard the commentator say Iwelumo hadn't really caused Ireland any probs all evening and he's just been subbed :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]I have been listening to radio Scotland since the start of the second half, heard the commentator say Iwelumo hadn't really caused Ireland any probs all evening and he's just been subbed :(

Good, got a game and a B cap and now can have a rest with no chance of any injury.
  • Options
    From my pal up there on Radio Scotland's criticism: "I don't think that's fair on Iwelumo, to be honest. He lacked a midfielder running on to the balls he won, and a striker to receive the flick-ons. But neither were there. He dummied the ball once or twice too often, but caused problems in the outside the Irish box."
  • Options
    Agree with Henry. Nice runout, a cap, and he will return proud and uninjured.
  • Options
    Well done Chris.
  • Options
    But they started Howard from Derby who is a very similar player to Chris. Were they expecting pace in abundance from one of them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]But they started Howard from Derby who is a very similar player to Chris. Were they expecting pace in abundance from one of them?

Probably kept playing the ball over the top into the channels!