Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++PRESTON AGREE TO AWAY FANS REDUCTION++

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Following talks between Reg and Preston, it’s been agreed that our supporters price will drop to £10 adults and £5 concessions.

You will still have to pay full price if you haven't a ticket yet, but you can also collect a voucher at Preston, and then get the difference reimbursed at the Valley at a later date.
Well done everyone for making a fuss, , well done Charlton for following up, and well done Preston for reviewing the matter.

Around 500 tickets have so far been sold

Comments

• Options
    Well done for people putting the pressure on

Still not going though
    Wife has grounde me to many late nights without a permission slip from her
  • Options
    will this convince others to go now ?
  • Options
    Agrrrrhhhh?!

So i buy a ticket from The Valley, then pick up a voucher from the turnstile? Then go back to The Valley and get a tenner in hand?

I may still drive so those who know me (kind of) whisper me if you are up for a drive...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]will this convince others to go now ?

Not me that's for sure.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2007
    You can sit in the middle seat of my old man's motor mate
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to I'm pleasuring peoples ears Saturday night and no amount of air traffic fiddling will get me back in time.

How did you get on with the barmaids proposal Ketters?? Are we on for a joint venture??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Around 500 tickets have so far been sold

lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]As much as I'd love to I'm pleasuring peoples ears Saturday night and no amount of air traffic fiddling will get me back in time.

How did you get on with the barmaids proposal Ketters?? Are we on for a joint venture??

Haven't heard yet mate, but if she rings now it's £400 !
  • Options
    Well done to everyone concerned and a good advert for consumers sticking up for themselves!
  • Options
    Don't want to put a damper on it but "collecting a voucher to get a refund" sounds like Charlton are subsidising for a quiet life rather than Preston actually giving way!

Or have I missed something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't want to put a damper on it but "collecting a voucher to get a refund" sounds like Charlton are subsidising for a quiet life rather than Preston actually giving way!

Still think you can turn up on the day and buy a tenner ticket Len, you will only have to get a refund if you have already bought a ticket. that was my understanding anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Don't want to put a damper on it but "collecting a voucher to get a refund" sounds like Charlton are subsidising for a quiet life rather than Preston actually giving way!

Still think you can turn up on the day and buy a tenner ticket Len, you will only have to get a refund if you have already bought a ticket. that was my understanding anyway

AFKA's opening post says you will still have to pay full price if you haven't got a ticket yet.
  • Options
    On cafc.co.uk it says this though:

"Charlton fans who buy their seats from Deepdale on the day of the game will be charged the new, reduced price."
  • Options
    Len is correct.

From what i have heard and have made out, this is an offer Preston have 'reluctantly' agreed to, and as such are making it more complicated.

But the offer still stands, none the less.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Len is correct.

From what i have heard and have made out, this is an offer Preston have 'reluctantly' agreed to, and as such are making it more complicated.

But the offer still stands, none the less.
    apart from those who turn up on the day, and i'm pretty sure we wont sell out prior to then!
  • Options
    Ignore me, i am wrong. Apologies
  • Options
    Why do you need to get a voucher? Why can't you just show your match ticket at the valley to get the refund?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Why do you need to get a voucher? Why can't you just show your match ticket at the valley to get the refund?

because it would have been used, and the club wouldnt know if it was a concession or adult ticket.
  • Options
    just been to get mine.
    had to pay £21, but told to collect voucher from deepdale turnstile and get £11 back from our ticket office.
  • Options
    What happens if you get there Sarnie and the mumpty on the gate knows nothing about it? You know, cut the big whole page advert out of the paper to get a free wotsit, rush down to the shop and the idiot at the counter looks at you as if you have just asked to shag his missus....