Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Carson

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
was it too soon to throw him into such a important game? we all know how good he can be but i really felt sorry for him last night (did anyone else feel like he is still one of ours?) He seems to bottle it at the worst times, remember Blackburn? I am sure he will be Englands number one in the future but maybe a couple more less profile games at wembley would have been best first.

Comments

• Options
    it was a gamble and it failed ...
    as bad as robinson has been recently he kept 9 clean sheets out of 11 matches in the euro qualifiers ffs , he had the experience , carson couldn't win last night and he fcuked up badly lets hope he can come back from this
  • Options
    Pity there's not that many of us going on Saturday. A big shout of "one scotty carson" in front of the cameras would be good.
  • Options
    It was too much of a gamble and I hope he recovers. It's totally unfair to blame him for the defeat. Yes he made a mistake. He also made some crucial saves in the second half. The rest of the miserable bunch of under-achievers (Crouch apart) should be hanging their heads in shame for their appalling display - players with much more experience than Scott.
  • Options
    There is only 1 person who should have been between the sticks last night, the most in-form goalkeeper in the premier league in both the run in to last season & the beginning of this, and its not Robinson, James or Carson
  • Options
    It's not green either...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]There is only 1 person who should have been between the sticks last night, the most in-form goalkeeper in the premier league in both the run in to last season & the beginning of this, and its not Robinson, James or Carson

Nicky Weaver?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]It's not green either...

Granted I've got my claret & blue specs on, but the man has consistantly been outstanding.
    Forget tevez, us staying up last season is largely down to this worzal gummage lookalike.
    Him not even being in the squad is shocking.

With green on the pitch last night, england would be in euro 2008.
  • Options
    yeah, and west ham won england the world cup in 1966.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]

Granted I've got my claret & blue specs on, but the man has consistantly been outstanding.
    Forget tevez, us staying up last season is largely down to this worzal gummage lookalike.

Tosh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]yeah, and west ham won england the world cup in 1966.....

Well said that man.

[cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Tosh!

Which part?
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Granted Green's been in excellent form. McLaren has picked Carson ahead of him because he felt he was the better keeper. I don't think there's much to choose between them and Green has had his less than sparkling periods for Norwich. What was needed was for Carson (or Green) to have been chosen months ago and given a chance against the lesser teams in this group. Throwing a relative rookie in on a night like that in a game of such importance was just too much of a gamble in my view.

Lets build the future now around Carson and Green and possibly the young keeper at Man City - send Robbo back to get some form and give Calamity his pension book.
  • Options
    I never shared the general worship of Carson mainly because half the saves he had to make were because he never came to claim simple high balls in the box. The mistake last night was less to do with the fumble than only being two yards off his line to cover the angles and not moving his feet to be near the ball's trajectory.

Dismall performance by all bar Crouch & Cole, how Gerrard is so hyped when half his passes go to the opposition is beyond me. I wouldn't have him in the current CAFC in front of ZZ, Andy or Semedo.
  • Options
    Which part?

Take your pick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]I never shared the general worship of Carson mainly because half the saves he had to make were because he never came to claim simple high balls in the box. The mistake last night was less to do with the fumble than only being two yards off his line to cover the angles and not moving his feet to be near the ball's trajectory.

Dismall performance by all bar Crouch & Cole, how Gerrard is so hyped when half his passes go to the opposition is beyond me. I wouldn't have him in the current CAFC in front of ZZ, Andy or Semedo.

.....the Gerrard comment, behave mate !!
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited November 2007
    Carson wasn't ready for that game and neither was the rest of the "team".