Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowies in the Frame......

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
....because he comes over great at the interview!! - Roaring on the Rams, Advancing the Addicks, what will it be? - Envigorating England

Comments

• Options
    I heard them mention Curbishley at the top of the list on the BBC this morning....ye gods, I hope not!
  • Options
    Just imagian Mervyn Day, in South Afriaca, standing in the the technical area, with his arms folded and clapping like a seal on charlie every 20minutes,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Just imagian Mervyn Day, in South Afriaca, standing in the the technical area, with his arms folded and clapping like a seal on charlie every 20minutes,

We'd have to qualify first!!
  • Options
    Curbs would be great, he'd take no crap from the big names innit!
  • Options
    I wish they would take Curbs!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hottie85[/cite]I wish they would take Curbs!

So who would you want and be realistic?
  • Options
    I think Stuart Pearce.. The passions there and i think players would listen to him, either him or Redknapp don't think it would happen tho
  • Options
    Curbs has already been reported as saying he is not interested and so too has Big Sam.

Don't blame them sticking 2 fingers up at the FA.

Pity Barwick and all the other cronies at the FA can't be sacked as well seeing they are just as much too blame taking the soft option with McClaren after they made a complete mess of the process before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hottie85[/cite]I think Stuart Pearce.. The passions there and i think players would listen to him, either him or Redknapp don't think it would happen tho

fair enough but I doubt if either of them would do "much" better than curbs but you might see a lot more attacking football at the Boleyn. I've got a lot of mates who are West Ham and man do you lot have delusions of grandeur - Most of them believe Egg head and his 5 year plan of Champions league football.

As for the England Manager, Mourinio would just be superb - doubt it will happen though.
  • Options
    I think Curbs is an awful West Ham manager, he plays boring football, West Ham fans are used to something a bit more. If you ask my opinion the team he has there is the team that he would have wanted for Charlton a few years back if he had had the money to spend, their not a West Ham team. I don't believe from what i have seen at Upton Park that West Ham will ever be ready for Champions League Football, some of the stuff i have seen is awful and i refuse to pay the ticket prices to go watch them anymore. I've seen more Charlton games this year :-).

Mourinio would be excellent but he isn't going to want to manage a tema that isn't going to have a competitive game for such a long time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More realistically, Nigel Worthington's contract is up - Dowie could get his chance to do for Norn Irn what he's already done for, er....