Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst pub in London

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
Sod all this talk about England, let's discuss something more interesting - BOOZING!

My nominations for the worst pub in London are

1. The Oasthouse (London Bridge)
2. The Boadicea (Charing Cross)
3. The Punch & Judy (Covent Garden)

Any more?

Comments

• No longer with us i believe, but the Three Crowns just off Cheapside, a downstairs bar, was always shocker.

As is the Brittainia at Monument
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]No longer with us i believe, but the Three Crowns just off Cheapside, a downstairs bar, was always shocker.

Heretic!

The Three Crowns used to be one of my regular haunts when I worked in Gresham Street. I used to love it down there - and the guvnor was Charlton too!
  • To be honest, forgetting the Charlton side of it, if you walked in The Bugle you'd probably turn straight round (and wipe your feet on the way out!)
  • There's a pub called Suchards which used to be called the Czar bar on Crucifix lane behind London Bridge.

Dirty beer in dirty glasses served by dirty bairmaids

and i dont mean dirty barmaids in a good way!
  • The Auctioneer in Greenwich,the pints smell of egg.
  • edited November 2007
    Perhaps it's easy to get laid in there
  • Any All Bar Ones.
  • Ok as i work in East London, then the blind begger, it now only serves Lager and has that cheers/friends bar feel, just not a pub.Then of course the Queens upton Park, went there last season for a Westham vCharlton reserve game. It is just a s****hole enough said.
  • Any weatherspoons. Plastic pubs for plastic people.
  • the Weatherspoons in Greenwich is awfull.

Chav city.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any twat and parrot pubs and 95% of bexleyheath pubs,and everything in Eltham!!
  • That dreadful pub you hold your City Addicks meetings in & any Greene King pubs.
  • What's wrong with Greene King pubs?
  • The Two Chairmen, off Trafalgar Square on the Pall Mall side, possibly the worst pub I have ever set foot in - bad beer, curly sarnies, thick staff, stank, just incredible that a pub like that could survive in the West End. (Although under new management, according to beerintheevening.com)
  • The ordanace Arms Woolwich

Complete hole looks more like a public toilet inside

Except the bar as made step dad made it
  • Hahaha! A mate used to live/work there a few years back. It was certainly an, er, interesting place.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]What's wrong with Greene King pubs?[/quote]

only a personal preferencer as I hate IPA & Abbot Ale. Neame, Pride, Youngs, Harveys all a good tipple. I like your bar though. Big Pun on the golf trip last year. Hope you're well mate & look forward to visiting again if we go back there next year.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]The Two Chairmen, off Trafalgar Square on the Pall Mall side,

So true! A group of about 30 of us ate in Thai Square last Christmas and wanted to carry on drinking so popped in as it was next door - there were about 5 people in there (including the bar staff); we just turned and walked back out again.
  • The Royal Oak, Charlton.....very cliquey...
  • White Horse, Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe you can discuss pubs in Charlton and not include the doom and gloom.
  • agree with that Robbo on the wing
  • The Beehive - New Eltham.

The Valley - Charlton (sorry, but it's a dog ruff estate boozer!)
  • The Foundry - Old Street

Full of pretentious, subsidised-by-parents, cocksucking Nathan-Barley types!
  • To be fair, The Antigallican before they did it up was one of the worst pubs about. Wine on draught ffs - how does that work???
  • [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]only a personal preferencer as I hate IPA & Abbot Ale. Neame, Pride, Youngs, Harveys all a good tipple. I like your bar though. Big Pun on the golf trip last year. Hope you're well mate & look forward to visiting again if we go back there next year.

I tried the chilled IPA on Friday. Bad experiment.
  • Badge Pole