Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pubs at preston

haven't been to deepdale before.
where are people (that are going) drinking before the game?
or for those that aren't going but have been before, any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    i second that PBS, first visit to deepdale as well and would be good to have a beer somewhere (relatively) decent before the game
  • Options
    Loads of students bars in Preston, including one called E = MC2. Not too sure which bars are away friendly though.
  • Options
    Not too many pubs near the ground as Deepdale is now a predominantly asian area. If you continue north on Deepdale Road, you will find the two main PNE pubs - The Garrison and The Sumners. The latter is quite away fan friendly and I have never seen any trouble there on matchdays, don't know about the Garrison, though. If you are in the city centre, check out the Black horse - a top boozer on Orchard Street. There are loads of pubs/bars near the university (which is kind of on the way to the ground) and they are mostly shit! There are some good local boozers scattered around, though. There are loads of boozers on Meadow Street which is quite near the ground, but many of these could be rough as a badger's arse....I'm not sure how it is these days.
  • Options
    but many of these could be rough as a badger's arse......Thanks very much!!,i would walk or get a bus and head for Church street,plenty of good pubs.
  • Options
    the blue bell is a must if you are down Church Street way. Those who live in the south will be flabbergasted at the cheapness of the place - it kind of makes you feel guilty when you get your change after buying a round...
  • Options
    And as bigstemarra knows if you're staying for the night church street has good cheap food outlets,also a nice cosy pub about halfway down church street on the left hand side which used to run by a famous former PNE player,there is also a pub before the covered market which also has a massive Rubick cube and well worth a visit,remember them?
  • Options
    There's some pretty dreadful pubs/bars along the Fishergate/Church St. main drag (I'd also warn any Addicks that Church St. can get a bit hairy early in the mornings when the pubs shut - Prestonians aren't unfriendly to strangers on the whole, though - quite the contrary). Unsurprisingly, the studenty pubs are near the university and the north end of Friargate and it gets progressively more 'townie' as you carry on from there...