Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA immediately re-coup some of Mac's pay off by

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
fining us and Hull £6,000 each for failing to control our players.

Comments

• Options
    That still going on? Jesus I thought they'd have sorted that out a long time ago...
  • Options
    A disgrace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]A disgrace

perhaps they could recoup some of it from Mac himself. Charge him with 'failing to inspire his players'.
  • Options
    I can't believe there isn't a "Qualify or else" Clause in England manager's contracts...that's a joke in itself!
  • Options
    And they talk about the players being too comfortable cos they earn too much!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I can't believe there isn't a "Qualify or else" Clause in England manager's contracts...that's a joke in itself!
    Exactly
  • Options
    My friend at the FA informs me that the hearing was this morning as Charlton requested a personal hearing for this to a sub committee. the possible fine could have been up to £50,000 so could of been a lot worse.

Hull admitted in the meeting apparently they were partly responsible for it as Ashbee started the incident to a certain extent.

Apparently a very fair hearing.

Charlton in their defence used details of winning the fair play award recently and coming 5th last year and the fans receiving the award etc and saying that they're not a club that took it lightly and did speak to players about future conduct....
  • Options
    If anything they should show Maclaren the video, and tell him thats what team spirit is and thats what u call fight, rather holding an unmberella and drinking a bottle of water like you a managing a team of under 8's over the local park