Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton - expectations

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
So what are your thoughts ahead of tomorrow. Same team ? Same formation and tactics ?

How do you see the game going ?

Comments

• Options
    Three wins on the spin= nominal changes..

Soak them up for the first 20 or so, frustrate them and then try and catch them off guard..

Reading that- That will probably be both teams tactics.. :-)
  • Options
    I'm hopeful of a good performance and a sound win tomorrow. Pards should be instilling into them that live on the telly, this is an opportunity to send out a message to the rest of the division that we mean business.

An opportunity that was wasted against QPR.
  • Options
    I'd start exactly as we have the last 3 games. No changes.
  • Options
    A new manager usually inspires the team onto greater things initially, so Im expecting it to be a lot tougher than I did a couple of weeks back when Simpson was in charge. Im thinking we might just sneak this one home 1-0
  • Options
    assuming no injuries has to be an unchanged side and formation.

it will be hard with them looking to impress a new boss, but if we get on top early we should be alright.
  • Options
    My normal expectation would be that I'll be drunk but as i'm driving, a tight game with us possibly nicking it by one goal in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    Anyone happy to take a draw tomorrow ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Anyone happy to take a draw tomorrow ?
    I thought about this earlier as it goes... For me the answer depends on where you realistically want to finish at the end of the season. Play Offs- Take a Draw, Top 2 - Win. For me its that simple.

So a win for me :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Anyone happy to take a draw tomorrow ?

Not now but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen Preston. I think we have enough to score against just about any team in this division so for me it is about how well the back four and Samedo contain them and allow us to play and pass the ball.
  • Options
    I'm half expecting a defeat what with them having a new manager. I expect they put on a show. Will be happy with a draw, TBH.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with Valley.

Tough to play a team with a new manager especially at their place.

I'd take a draw as long as we play well with it. Anything more than that I'd consider a great result.
  • Options
    If you win at home and draw away then you should get promoted.

At the moment, applying that theory, we are 4 points down.

We need to make that up but as of now I'll take a draw although obviously I hope for a win.
  • Options
    With a new manager, Preston will try & bust a gut for him - so expect them to be in our faces for 90 minutes.
    But if things don't go the way Preston expect, they could find themselves getting desperate and trying too hard.

And that's where the game could slip away from them.

If we retain the ball well and remain calm & composed, then we have every chance of 3 points.
  • Options
    Minimum a draw...

But we still aren't scoring a lot of goals and after a three wins and three clean sheets we are due to let at least one goal in, which means we'll need at least two goals.
  • Options
    A big away win, 0-3
  • Options
    It will be a tough game, no doubt - if we haven't got the right mental attitude on the day we could get rolled over. It's not an easy one to call.
  • Options
    take a draw ... i fancy a goal from varney if he gets on but can also see a fcuk by bassey costing us... i've looked into my crystal ball;-)
  • Options
    Although Preston is my nearest Champ ground there are very few Preston supporters round here - they all support the "big" clubs, so I can't give you what the locals think!

For me a win would be great but I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw. I agreed with most others that if there are no injuries it will be the same team in which case we will try and contain them and then score in the 2nd half, what we don't need is an early home goal.
  • Options
    I heard a rumour that there were other Preston based Addicks - is it true?
  • Options
    Yes I met a dad and couple of kids at Ewood Park 2 years ago who said that they were from Preston.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We better win, travelling all that way, will not be happy with a poor display.
  • Options
    Hmm. You know how games on sky often have the tendency to be as boring as piles?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]take a draw ... i fancy a goal from varney if he gets on but can also see a fcuk by bassey costing us... i've looked into my crystal ball;-)

Nice one, Ooh aah. Well, got the Varney bit right, anyway. :o)