Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading only want 250k for Sodje

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Get the cheque book out !!

Comments

• Options
    Absolute bargain!
  • Options
    I agree but presumably Sodje wants premier league football so will hold off until the end of the season?
  • Options
    I think Sodje is enjoying his football, Bing.

He's a local lad, family from Greenwich and everything he says is about feeling a part of Charlton.
    He's won a starting place in the first choice line up. And he plays with great spirit & a smile on his face.

Premiership football? He'll jump at the chance to sign for us in January.
  • Options
    Again tonight he was first over to the away fans enjoying sharing the victory. In the first half he had a huge call of clear it , which he dutifully did and then showed his appreciation for the call with his familiar tongue out happy face look. A splendid team member at the moment go get him Pards
  • Options
    try and get 250k for mccarthorse.....then it'll feel like getting him for free!very impressive...aint seen anyone head a ball like that in a while!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Premiership football? He'll jump at the chance to sign for us in January.

And JUMP he will Oggy! The man can leap. He's got a great attitude and certainly seems to be enjoying himself on the pitch, which is what we all like to see. Let's hope it continues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I think Sodje is enjoying his football, Bing.

He's a local lad, family from Greenwich and everything he says is about feeling a part of Charlton.
    He's won a starting place in the first choice line up. And he plays with great spirit & a smile on his face.

Premiership football? He'll jump at the chance to sign for us in January.

You may be right Oggy. He certainly enjoying it and really up for it. I also like the way Fortune has upped his game. Oh so far away from earlier in the season with Paddy and then Magic alongside him.
  • Options
    sodje is a class above and seems a good lad as well - get him signed up!
  • Options
    buy him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I agree but presumably Sodje wants premier league football so will hold off until the end of the season?

When the chances are he'll be getting it with Charlton, if not he knows he'll be playing at a high standard in a good club that is one step down from the EPL.

If Reading want 250K I'd sign him, he's better than anything we have and cheaper than McCarthy and Bougherra, and he's keeping both of them out the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy was superb yesterday and he seems to have a real rapport with the fans. This man could be a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]The guy was superb yesterday and he seems to have a real rapport with the fans. This man could be a Charlton legend.
    more important may be his rapport with Fortune. I think it could be case of the partnership being more effective than the sume of it's parts.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Agree 100%
  • Options
    the amount of times he LAUNCHED himself into the air and sent the ball straight back where it came from wwas terrific!!

Really happy with that performance only the third time id seen charlton on tv here in oz... and with the media void...

It was great to see us play, I think that we were a cut above Preston ...

Solid.... good job weve got weaver as welll.......
  • Options
    got to sign him
  • Options
    would love to sign him,
    but with only derby having a worse defence than reading in the prem, i think coppell may hear the rave reviews and make sodje part of readings plans.
  • Options
    He's on a season long loan so dont worry about January,it's Mills who's loan is up at the end of Dec.
  • Options
    Lets have a whip round as we did to sign Ronnie Moore from Rotherhm for £15k, walk around with a sheet at half time so fans can chauck coins on it, as well as buckets outside the turnstiles with a certificate to certify you contributed to help buy Ronnie Moore,
  • Options
    Where's the rush in signing him? Let him see out the Loan, then make a decision depending on our situation?
  • Options
    we might have agreed a fee/option before the loan when his value was low - you never know..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    I believe this is often the case where players are considered dispensable by their 'parent' club - a long term loan deal is agreed and a fee pre-arranged with an option to buy - the period of the loan is then seen as 'try-before-you-buy'.

It doesn't seem to apply to short monthly loans or loans for young players (eg Song last year) who are farmed out purely for experience.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]He's on a season long loan so dont worry about January,it's Mills who's loan is up at the end of Dec.

I believe Reading have a recall option in January so it would be nice to snap him up on a permanent.